Graphics
GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1024 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Im a first time Hackintosh builder, and i have read a little on the forums here . the parts ordered are as follows:

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.50GHz (Ivybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor (77W) - Retail
EVGA GeForce GTX 560TI Superclocked 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card (01G-P3-1563-KR)
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C10 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10)
Corsair Professional Series HX+ 650W '80+ Gold' Modular Power Supply (CP-9020030-UK)
SanDisk Extreme SSD 120GB 2.5" SATA 6Gbs Solid State Hard Drive - (SDSSDX-120G-G25)
Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gbs 64MB Cache - OEM (ST1000DM003)
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard

i pretty much followed what is advised in the new customac guide for ivy bridge. Im hoping to get the build done after work tonight, i have my unibeast usb prepared and i have downloaded the latest multibeast and Chimera. the main stage im concerned about is what to do when i hit multibeast , i believe i should do as below: ( quoting thelostswede)

"Everything you need is included in the MultiBeast.
Do a User DSDT install (without a DSDT which might be a bit counter-intuitive) as you don't really need one except for a few special reasons like HDMI audio, but that's a different subject altogether.
Select System Utilities, under audio you select Realtek ACL8xx and then the ALC898 under Non-DSDT HDAenabler (not the rollback) and ALC898 in the Patched AppleHDA option below (which I forgot the name of), FakeSMC (it's just a tick box), the AppleIntelE1000 Ethernet and a system profile like Mac Mini or Mac Pro 3,1. The Mac Mini seems to work better with onboard graphics.
Those are the basics that you need to install, also don't forget to install the latest Chimera before you reboot, as this is the boot loader and currently a separate install for your platform"
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I know this applies to the motherboard mainly , however is there anything I'm missing when it comes to the graphics card i have picked, i plan on using hdmi or dvi.
[/FONT]
I would appreciate any advice , and i will update on my progress, also apologies if this is not in the correct forum.

Just an update , the system has been built and i came a little stuck when installing throught unibeast the screan would go blank before hitting the installation , after a little pannic i decided to plug into the onboard graphics for the install. as i hoped that worked like a charm.

I have installed multibeast and chimera as advised thankyou this forum has helped a lot. the graphics are working fine as far as i know i have switched to the nvidia card now , and im able to boot no problems .

i will keep posted in the coming weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back