RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok....I am not sure which way to go ...running EI Captain on :
INTEL I7 3.49GHZ
16GIGS RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
GA-Z77X-UD5H

This was my first dive into Hackintosh, Mac OS, etc.... after I updated the build to EI Captain.... everything was stable and I just did not want to play with adjusting Clover, etc. I "understand" computers...but not hardcore. Built my system by following instructions and advice from here.

Would it be a royal pain just to update the OS? Has anyone gone to Catalina from EI Captain? Or is it time to think about a new build? As I said, I am not "hardcore" ... when I read about adding kernals, changing codes, etc ... that gets iffy lol .

Would love any thoughts

Have a similar build and am curious about the feedback.

(Actually, it may be academic, as I've been unable to update since 10.14.3. Every time I've tried top install updates, the installation just hangs after the first or second reboot. But who knows, maybe Catalina will work?)

P.S. Note: I have a clone of my boot drive, so I can experiment on that. If possible, I'd highly recommend going that route, because it makes failure just an inconvenient waste of time, not a show stopper. (But ugh, I've wasted *a lot* of time on failed updates).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back