Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Parts in the new build:

1. Intel 6700K
2. Gigabyte GA-170X-Gaming 7 ( BIOS ) F8 ( came with the motherboard )
3. Nvidia GTX 770
4. USB 32GB Sandisk Boot USB Stick ( Sierra..for now ) other boot usb has HS Beta
5. Kingston SSD 256GB OS Drive
6. EVGA CLC 280 Dual Fan Liquid Cooler
7. Zalman Z9 Neo Case ( white )

Okay, thats the setup.
With the 770GTX do I enable or disable Nvidia?
Should I even have the GPU installed during this process?

Whats the most basic issues to cause the circle with line? I haven't had this issue in years, so I forgot how to fix it!!

HEY GUYS! Thunderbolt 3 works without installing windows! This was the case for my TB2 on my Asus Z97. I never had to install windows.

Apple TB 3 to TB 2 Adapter.....Apple TB 2 to FW 800 ..... Steinberg / Yamaha MR816 FW Audio Interface. Works! NICE!

IIRC, the GTX 770 will require Nvidia drivers when the High Sierra version is released. Did you get the HDMI port connection on the GTX 770 to work for you? I guess it did since you're enjoying your Thunderbolt accessories.

Speaking of Thunderbolt, tonymacx86 has the GA-Z170X Gaming 7 and has reported the same results with Thunderbolt not needing to install Windoze before the Thunderbolt will work. IMO, since Intel will not charge for Thunderbolt in the future (2018?), we'll see Thunderbolt accessories/peripherals drop in price, better to compete with USB 3.x and beyond.

Update!

I have to fix sleep / shutdown issue, but the 770 works fine. It was my own errors and bios mis-settings! LOL.

As for Thunderbolt, I will be updating to a Thunderbolt 2 interface for music. I don't yet see any TB 3 devices. It's too new most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back