CPU
Intel i3-530
Graphics
HIS HD 6570
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I found slice's new build of VoodooHDA hosted on sourceforge, and decided to incorporate a few of his fixes while adding some of my own. The result should be pretty polished, full volume support, little-to-no-lag (an improvement!), and a cleaner build overall. If this test works, I will of course be posting the entire source in my original topic in this subforum.

if any testers could post their codec, results, and possibly compare their results w/ the previous voodoohda, that would help.

WARNING: as always, make sure you remove AppleHDA before installing VoodooHDA

NOTE: this test build is Mountain Lion only.

Thanks!

Attachments

• VoodooHDA.kext.zip
    84.8 KB · Views: 1,855
Hey SL, this is what I got after installing on my P7P55D.

Screen Shot 2012-10-27 at 7.57.06 AM.png

So I found slice's new build of VoodooHDA hosted on sourceforge, and decided to incorporate a few of his fixes while adding some of my own. The result should be pretty polished, full volume support, little-to-no-lag (an improvement!), and a cleaner build overall. If this test works, I will of course be posting the entire source in my original topic in this subforum.

NOTE: this test build is Mountain Lion only.

Thanks!

hi, testing as of now, what do we test for?

the crackling is still there in some audio output from various media sources. mostly loud, or constant sounds, eg. like the in the movies at the very beginning they have the short credits intro before the movie starts, it has all the awesome sound effects

2nd update. running 2 or more youtube tabs/windows in hd and another window playing hd movie really kills the sound, ie lag, and overall system lag. have removed the kext and put back the original latest one from voodoohda on googlecode

Can you give us a little more info on what build this is based on and what you have done with it? I use VoodooHDA 2.7.2 and find it works better than the Realtek ACL888b/887 (non-dsdt current) on my build. The Realtek gives a distorted sound and low output while the VoodooHDA sounds a bit better - although not perfect. I might be willing to test out a new one if I knew more about it.

Thanks -Frank

sorry for the late reply, I didnt have notifications turned on.
It shouldnt KP if you remove AppleHDA, that's the only cause. ALC269 should work, but may require you to put in your specific PCI IDs (see my 192kHz voodoohda thread).
if any testers could post their codec, results, and possibly compare their results w/ the previous voodoohda, that would help.

System doesn't boot up (never only with -x) on P7P55D-E, official 2.7.3 has this hangs (no visible KP) not that often, on the second try it boots up....switching back since audio is fine

it shouldn't affect boot that much, but anything you can tell me about the sound quality is helpful

with your version i can't boot up with MB 2.7.3 I can so it affects booting. Soundquality is 192000KHz and 16Bit without hum crackling etc (top but 16Bit)... with 24Bit I get Noise even with 44100 in some situations (depends on the highs in audio etc)

Sometimes i get these hangs or an early KP with text over apple bg or the "restart your mac" before login, the filesystem is never touched and consistent....

My VoodooHDA version 2.7.4 works. So I am not going to chance it. Thanks for allowing the community to test it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back