Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
The box I have now is great but I need more speed. I have a G 5 tower that I removed all the guts and will be using this as my case. I use it for Photoshop and final cut pro for my studio to help with the clients that rent our studio and want something very stable and pretty fast.

Needs are lots of storage looking at a hot swap internal drive mounted in a bay on front panel.
32 gigs of Memory at least
want 2-30 inch monitors
running High Sierra
any recommendations for a mother board, CPU, Graphics Card.

Your first step would be to read the G5 case mods section of the forum to determine what motherboards will best fit in that G5 case. Seems that most modders go with a mATX board. For graphics, you'll want AMD. Sapphire Radeon Pulse 8GB would be a good choice. Go with the i7-8700K CPU for the best editing performance.

So I have done some research and the help from trs96 this is what I am thinking

I want to use the following

My shell case from a G5 Mac 2005 with nothing left inside at all
The ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO full atx
The i7-8700k
The Laser hive rear panel and mother board try with PSU holder at the top
and 2 80mm fans in back

The laser hive front button and usb 3 assembly
For a HDD I am thinking an M2 drive as a boot drive or a pcicrd with and 250gb ssd as a boot drive
The Icy Dock 4 bay 2.5 hard drive dock holding 4 500 gig ssd drives
The Blue ray player /dvd burner
The Sabrent USB 3.0 Super Speed 74-In-1 3.5-Inch Internal Flash Media Card Reader/writer with USB 3.0 Port (CR-UIN3)
The Corsair CX Series 850 Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified Modular Power Supply (CP-9020099-NA)

Any thoughts
Hook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back