Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H
2x4GB Corsair DDR3 Ram sticks
CPU:i3 4160 or i3 4170
PSU:Corsair 450W (75% efficiency)
HDD:eek:ne Toshiba 160GB drive

Is this going to be a good build?
Yosemite or Mavericks?
Do i need a graphics card or not?
Also,does case matter in terms of hackintosh-compatibility? ;)
Thx in advance :) this community rocks :headbang::headbang:

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
i want to build a new pc. the components will be :
Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H

Have a look at the buyers guide. Check the memory compatibility on the Gigabyte web page for this motherboard. make sure that the PSU is 'Haswell' compliant to avoid any compatibility issues with the motherboard/CPU. A PSU from the buyers guide will work fine.

Depends on what use you will use it for. It will work perfectly capably as a general use computer running OS X Yosemite and above. Easily upgradable if required.

Yosemite or Mavericks?
Yosemite

A GPU would negate the extra steps to get the HD4400 graphics working. Another option is to use one of the recommended i3 processors in the buyers guide that have Intel HD4600 graphics. A GPU can always be added later if you need to.

Also,does case matter in terms of hackintosh-compatibility? ;)
The case has no bearing on what operating system will run on the hardware installed inside.

EDIT - getting HD4400 graphics working:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ics-fix-full-support-alternate-cpus-os-x.html

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
i want to build a new pc. the components will be :
Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H

Yosemite or Mavericks?
Also,does case matter in terms of hackintosh-compatibility?

All these questions really depend on what you will using this build for. Our general advice is
always for beginners to follow the Buyer's Guide parts list as closely as possible for the best
chance of success. That means using the exact same make and model of the CPU, ram,
motherboard and graphics card that you will find there. Otherwise you have to do your own
research to determine what will and won't work.

Many more power supplies than those listed will work, just make sure that they are certified as being Haswell compatible. Use any case at all that will hold all of your hardware and be able to stay cool enough.

All these questions really depend on what you will using this build for. Our general advice is
always for beginners to follow the Buyer's Guide parts list as closely as possible for the best
chance of success. That means using the exact same make and model of the CPU, ram,
motherboard and graphics card that you will find there. Otherwise you have to do your own
research to determine what will and won't work.

Many more power supplies than those listed will work, just make sure that they are certified as being Haswell compatible. Use any case at all that will hold all of your hardware and be able to stay cool enough.

Hello everyone,
i success build a new pc :

i3 4170 haswell
MSI h81m-e33
16gb corsair 1600mhz
ssd 240 corsair
MSI RX570 armor

the problem is i can't render video always freeze but mouse still can moving around
how to fix this

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 10.12.43.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 10.12.43.png
    485 KB · Views: 181
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 10.13.15.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 10.13.15.png
    309.1 KB · Views: 179
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 10.24.05.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 10.24.05.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 173
Cool. Looking forward, because I'm also going to reactivate some not used parts by adding i3-4160 and 8gb. I'm going to run it on Mojave with newest kexts of lilu, whatevergreen and appleacl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back