CPU
i5 2320
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just finished my first build. I followed the tutorial on this site using the Unibeast Mountain Lion. I disconnected my video card throughout the installation. When i tried to restart I got stuck with the spinning beachball. Had to use -x to boot up and finish the installation. I then followed some settings (see picture) on a forum here for multibeast and fixed permissions. I shutdown then re connected my video card and I was able to boot up. Everything seems to be ok. Sound, video and keyboard is ok. The only problem now is my usb mouse is hanging sometimes for about a second or two. Don't have a wired mouse but if anyone has experienced usb mouse issues please let me know if there is a solution.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    841 KB · Views: 69
Is your mouse plugged into a USB3 or USB2 port?

it's in a USB 2 port. I didn't mention that this is a wireless usb mouse.

it's in a USB 2 port. I didn't mention that this is a wireless usb mouse.

Yeah, but you said "you didn't have a wired mouse" :). Try another port, what's your cpu clocked at and is speed step working? I've had similar issues with an unstable cpu in windows.

how do you find out if speed step is working?

I couldn't get the console to come up. I'm not good at terminal stuff.
Anyway, the mouse seems to be working better. Not sure if it was the mousepad ( i changed it) or if it was some changes I made trying to get my dvi ports working (which I haven't yet). I checked off the boxes, Graphics Enabler and Ati Config to Duckweed in Chameleon. Mouse is better but still only one monitor.

update...
i got the 2 monitors working. mouse is ok. i changed from duckweed to lotus. seems everything is ok for now. :)

update...
i got the 2 monitors working. mouse is ok. i changed from duckweed to lotus. seems everything is ok for now. :)

Good to hear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back