Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need model # >> See Rules !!
CPU
i5-650
Graphics
8400 GS
Hi to all,
I need your help to build my new hackintosh system.
Until now I have been using a system based on:
gigabyte z77-d3h, Core i7 2600k and 12GB PC3 DDR module in 4 banks. So far it has always worked well although with the latest releases (Monterey and Ventura) it has made the weight and old age of my configuration felt. I also tried upgrading with a Core i7 3770k, there was a slight increase in performance but nothing particularly touching.

Today I have a budget of €500 ( roughly 539USD) and can go up to a maximum of €600 (about 648 USD). The system is mainly used for music production. I think any upgrade will allow me to continue my work without any problem and with much more performance. Would you have a build to recommend within this money range?

Thank you so much.

With this budget the best option would be a second hand system rather than a new build.
GPU could be an Intel iGPU (10th generation maximum) or Polaris dGPU—no nVidia.
What are your requirements for audio? PCIe slot? Thunderbolt?

With this budget the best option would be a second hand system rather than a new build.
GPU could be an Intel iGPU (10th generation maximum) or Polaris dGPU—no nVidia.
What are your requirements for audio? PCIe slot? Thunderbolt?
Yes I know it’s not much and I was thinking about second hand. Any way I still own a gt 710 2gb ddr 3 but do not works as well in Ventura , only in Monterey. For audio requirement pci-e slot since I have an old system over FireWire connection still compatible with drivers but I will change in future into an usb system.

You'd be better driving display from an UHD 630 iGPU than from a GT 710.
I suggest looking for a Coffee Lake or Comet Lake system (Z370/Z390/Q370/Z490/Q470 chipsets).

I need your help to build my new hackintosh system.
Until now I have been using a system based on:
gigabyte z77-d3h, Core i7 2600k and 12GB PC3 DDR module in 4 banks. So far it has always worked well although with the latest releases (Monterey and Ventura) it has made the weight and old age of my configuration felt. I also tried upgrading with a Core i7 3770k, there was a slight increase in performance but nothing particularly touching.
Not sure where you are in the EU but on Amazon.com There's a pre-built i7-8700 MT system from Dell you could use for music production. Ram goes up to 64GB. Has UHD630 of course. Dual DP outputs for two 4K monitors. All for $299 it's the best deal I've seen in a while. You can also install a fast M.2 NVMe on the board. Performance will be many times better than your old Ivy Bridge system. If you have access to Ebay and not Amazon, there should be many for sale there as well.

Note that the i7-8700 has nearly the exact same specs as an i5-10500 tenth gen. The 8700 is clocked 100 MHz higher, that's it. They both have 6 cores and 12 threads. Same iGPU as well. Tenth gen is just another of Intel's many "refresh" CPU iterations since Skylake was released.

Last edited:
You'd be better driving display from an UHD 630 iGPU than from a GT 710.
I suggest looking for a Coffee Lake or Comet Lake system (Z370/Z390/Q370/Z490/Q470 chipsets).
Yes of course and thanks for your suggestion. I will search. All this chipset are wll know compatible for MAC OS install?

Not sure where you are in the EU but on Amazon.com There's a pre-built i7-8700 MT system from Dell you could use for music production. Ram goes up to 64GB. Has UHD630 of course. Dual DP outputs for two 4K monitors. All for $299 it's the best deal I've seen in a while. You can also install a fast M.2 NVMe on the board. Performance will be many times better than your old Ivy Bridge system. If you have access to Ebay and not Amazon, there should be many for sale there as well.

Note that the i7-8700 has nearly the exact same specs as an i5-10500 tenth gen. The 8700 is clocked 100 MHz higher, that's it. They both have 6 cores and 12 threads. Same iGPU as well. Tenth gen is just another of Intel's many "refresh" CPU iterations since Skylake was released.
I am Italian. I have previously looked for these configurations but unfortunately here in Italy they are beyond the line of my budget. A 7060 MT with 16Gb and i7-8700 runs around 700/750 USD. For that amount I think I can buy something better. I know that the i7 8700 and 9700 cpu's are well known for their good quality and performance compared to the new 12th and 13th generation ones. In any case I will look again, hoping for a good compromise and a lucky offer.

Translated with DeepL

All this chipset are wll know compatible for MAC OS install?
Yes. Z chipsets are the best among consumer chipsets. Q chipsets (Z without overclocking) are typically found in business PCs, and also known to be easy to hack, so do not fear if you find it in a pre-built system. Good luck with the search!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back