Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey gang,

First...thanks to all the devs & hard workers to have tested and posted to create this community. Really awesome and without it I'd never have gotten as far as I have.

I've got my system *more or less* up and running, but I'm having a few nagging issues that I need a hand with and can't find a thread with the answer.

1) My ethernet doesn't exist...which is weird. I haven't seen anyone else with my board and this problem. (H370M DS3H)
2) I think my USB's are running in 1.0, even though they're reporting 3.0 in the system report. They show a speed of 12Mb p/s, which of course is really slow. They're also showing 500m/a of power, which isn't right either. I haven't done a "real" speed test, but I'm wondering if anyone has a surefire way to know if they're working at the proper level? How do I get them there? (I already loaded the USBInjectAll, but it didn't seem to make a difference.)
3) After a few reboots (while trying to solve iMessage...failed hard) it won't reboot any longer until I let it sit for a few hours, then it reboots just fine. It blanks out about halfway through the Apple loading screen. Any thoughts on that one? (I considered heat soak, but I reseated the CPU and checked the video card/stress tested it in another machine and it did fine)

Anyway...thanks again to all and if anyone has any sage advice, I'd love to hear it.
Not sure what you guys would like to see posted, but I'm glad to provide whatever data you think is pertinent.

-Wiley

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 10.06.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 10.06.27 PM.png
    98.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Thanks for the response, I had that thought and since I have a 2nd drive it was an easy test.

Windows went on without a hitch, no issues.

So, whatever I’m doing wrong is definitely in MacOS.

I did realize as part of this test that I have a RealTek NIC, so that’s part of the problem there. That solved my NIC issue.

The biggest problem I have is the system not being able to be rebooted more than a couple times before crapping out. Once that happens I have to unplug it and leave it sit for some time before attempting to use it again. It’ll boot into windows just fine and be perfectly usable, just not MacOS.

I tried clearing NVRAM, no dice.

Anyone with ideas I’d really appreciate it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back