i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
NEW BUILD! Feedback and Advice GTX780ti Asus Gryphon

I'm looking to downsize my build size and upgrade some components at the same time, currently using the Fractal design R4 which is a beautiful case but have fallen in love with smaller form factor pc's. I love the idea of just having what you need and use in your case and nothing more. Simplicity and efficiency, maybe it's a pipe dream lol

I'm thinking about using an asus gryphon z87 for the mobo, read on a few threads here it's a really good board and easy to hackintosh, any thoughts on this would be welcome

And upgrade to a 780ti

Dual boot system (windows/OSX)

Currently own

I7 3770k
High profile corsair vengeance 16gb
Seasonic gold power supply 750w
Wifi card TL-WDN4800
Aver media live HD gamer capture card (windows only I believe)
Noctua Fans
Hdd and ssd's

Looking to buy

GTX 780ti
Asus gryphon z87
noctua nh u14s
Front 140mm case fan (maybe Noctua NF-A14 or cooler master megaflow)
Case LEDs (purple)

And for the case a Xigmatek Aquilla with window

Should be a beast build, but will it all work? my concern in mainly with the mobo, how is it with OSX does it run well and how do I setup for a hackintosh build? Anyone have experience with this mobo that could help?

Plus the cpu cooler size but it think it's ok

Any comments or suggestions are welcome, or useful info before I buy.

Thanks for any help and for all the help in the past, this community is great!

Cheers guys

LEONARD :p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 209
Leonarde,

The Asus Gryphon Z87 is a good board that can be used with UniBeast/MultiBeast. Make sure that you install the boot loader and extra folder to the EFI partition on the Mavericks disc:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

You also need to change your processor as the pin configuration is not compatible between your I7-3770K (socket 1155) and any Haswell, socket 1150 motherboard.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/411-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-february-2014.html

As for the GTX 780Ti - its a no go right now, but will soon have OS X support with any luck - keep your eyes peeled for more news.

Adrian B

Leonarde,

The Asus Gryphon Z87 is a good board that can be used with UniBeast/MultiBeast. Make sure that you install the boot loader and extra folder to the EFI partition on the Mavericks disc:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

You also need to change your processor as the pin configuration is not compatible between your I7-3770K (socket 1155) and any Haswell, socket 1150 motherboard.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/411-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-february-2014.html

As for the GTX 780Ti - its a no go right now, but will soon have OS X support with any luck - keep your eyes peeled for more news.

Adrian B

+1

The Gryphon is a lovely board to work with. Very solid and great quality too. You wont be disappointed with it.

Didn't even realise the cpu was a different chip size lol, glad I checked over here first lol

But is it really worth me upgrading to the 1150? or should I stick with a matx 1155 board as I already have the 3770k, what would you advise?

Didn't even realise the cpu was a different chip size lol, glad I checked over here first lol

But is it really worth me upgrading to the 1150? or should I stick with a matx 1155 board as I already have the 3770k, what would you advise?

You are not really going to get any difference in performance by changing so soon. If you wanted a second machine or had the urge to update and some money burning a hole in your pocket then why not. Otherwise stick with what you have and consider updating the GPU once there is proper support for the new 780/780Ti, Titan & Titan Black.

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back