Contribute
Register

New Build. Can't boot with primary pcie Graphics on bios (RX 580)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock Z87e-ITX
CPU
I7 4770K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi Guys,

first of all. It's great to have such a nice website which definitely helped me for building my Hackintosh setup. I've setup a new System with Mojave and the current configuration:

I7 4770K
RX 580
Asrock z87e-ITX
16 GB Ram

Everything works fine, except sleep and an issue with my GPU. Right now, I must enable the HD 4600 iGPU as primary gpu to pass the boot (cables are putting in the RX 580). Once i'am in the system Mac OS tells me that's the HD4600 and the RX 580 are setting up and ready to go. However, when I try to select the dedicated gpu in the bios, I get stuck on boot. The Apple logo comes up but some kind of flickering appears. The only solution right know, is to set the iGPU as main.

I've installed the following kext on others:
- Lilu and Whatevergreen
- FakeSCM

Attached u can find my Clover config as well.

Is there something I have missed here?

Edit: I've already tried to enable the RadeonDeInit option in CC but it didn't helped.

Best,
Dominik

Attachments

• config.plist
    7 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Hi Guys,

first of all. It's great to have such a nice website which definitely helped me for building my Hackintosh setup. I've setup a new System with Mojave and the current configuration:

I7 4770K
RX 580
Asrock z87e-ITX
16 GB Ram

Everything works fine, except sleep and an issue with my GPU. Right now, I must enable the HD 4600 iGPU as primary gpu to pass the boot (cables are putting in the RX 580). Once i'am in the system Mac OS tells me that's the HD4600 and the RX 580 are setting up and ready to go. However, when I try to select the dedicated gpu in the bios, I get stuck on boot. The Apple logo comes up but some kind of flickering appears. The only solution right know, is to set the iGPU as main.

I've installed the following kext on others:
- Lilu and Whatevergreen
- FakeSCM

Attached u can find my Clover config as well.

Is there something I have missed here?

Edit: I've already tried to enable the RadeonDeInit option in CC but it didn't helped.

Best,
Dominik
Look on bios if csm is enabled, then try to boot with the 580

Found the setting in my bios but unfortunately it didn't help. :-/ The System boots up but stuck with a flicker on boot, then black screen. :(

Edit: Could the issue be related to this clover setting within my config.plist?

I mean, I've setup everything to my onboard graphics card HD4600 (Haswell) and afterwards I've followed the Radeon compatibility Guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/radeon-compatibility-guide-ati-amd-graphics-cards.171291/). Due to the fact that I've a RX 580 I've setup everything like stated in the guide.

Maybe there is some kind of conflict between the HD4600 settings and the Radeon specific settings?

Did I miss anything?

Cheers,
Dome

Last edited:
Found the setting in my bios but unfortunately it didn't help. :-/ The System boots up but stuck with a flicker on boot, then black screen. :(

Edit: Could the issue be related to this clover setting within my config.plist?
View attachment 411234

I mean, I've setup everything to my onboard graphics card HD4600 (Haswell) and afterwards I've followed the Radeon compatibility Guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/radeon-compatibility-guide-ati-amd-graphics-cards.171291/). Due to the fact that I've a RX 580 I've setup everything like stated in the guide.
View attachment 411235
Maybe there is some kind of conflict between the HD4600 settings and the Radeon specific settings?

Did I miss anything?

Cheers,
Dome
That’s it! Remove framebuffer, inject intel and that platform id, then reboot, go to bios and disable igpu after setting the rx580 as primary graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back