Contribute
Register

New build but question regarding displays.

Motherboard
shopping
CPU
for
Graphics
the parts
Hello guys.

Ive been wanting to build a setup for my daily home/office usage and I have a few questions. I keep my pc's for 3-5 years so replacing my current it-3570k + asrock extrme board.

Primarily will be used to browse, youtube, stocks, light photo and video editing with possibly dual booting windows for some gaming ( team fortress 2).

This is what I am planning to purchase.
Mobo : Any compatible gigabyte/asus listed in the build guide depending on what you guys suggest for my use case.
Monitors: Need your suggestions help.
CPU : I9 - 10850k ( on sale for 300$ otherwise I9 - 10900k
Ram : 32gb
storage: Still researching this.
GPU : I have a msi armor rx580 with 8gb already that I plan on reusing.

So I can follow any one of the golden builds and I think I will be set. My question is for monitors. Currently I used Quad 1080p 24" monitors and one vertical 1080 24" monitor for a total of 5 monitors.

I am thinking of upgrading 4-5 32" 4k monitors. How would the connection be possible for these? I know the rx580 has 2x DP ports, 2x hdmi, 1x dvi but I cant use hdmi and dvi correct? I have a 1-> active dp adapter that I currently use.

Can someone please chime in as to will this be plausible?

Thanks
Jesse

Jamesbond007

Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9700KF
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys.

Ive been wanting to build a setup for my daily home/office usage and I have a few questions. I keep my pc's for 3-5 years so replacing my current it-3570k + asrock extrme board.

Primarily will be used to browse, youtube, stocks, light photo and video editing with possibly dual booting windows for some gaming ( team fortress 2).

This is what I am planning to purchase.
Mobo : Any compatible gigabyte/asus listed in the build guide depending on what you guys suggest for my use case.
Monitors: Need your suggestions help.
CPU : I9 - 10850k ( on sale for 300$ otherwise I9 - 10900k
Ram : 32gb
storage: Still researching this.
GPU : I have a msi armor rx580 with 8gb already that I plan on reusing.

So I can follow any one of the golden builds and I think I will be set. My question is for monitors. Currently I used Quad 1080p 24" monitors and one vertical 1080 24" monitor for a total of 5 monitors.

I am thinking of upgrading 4-5 32" 4k monitors. How would the connection be possible for these? I know the rx580 has 2x DP ports, 2x hdmi, 1x dvi but I cant use hdmi and dvi correct? I have a 1-> active dp adapter that I currently use.

Can someone please chime in as to will this be plausible?

Thanks
Jesse

DVI does not support 4K resolution, so in effect you have a maximum of 4 ports to use with 4K monitors. The RX 580 supports HDMI 2.0, which means it can output 4K@60 from the HDMI port. But I am not sure whether you can use 4 ports to drive 4 monitors at the same time in MacOS.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
I9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
But I am not sure whether you can use 4 ports to drive 4 monitors at the same time in MacOS.
I use 3 monitors generally from the same card but one time I had HDMI and a DP plugged in to one monitor and it showed 4 monitors in the display properties. Two are 4k and one is 1080.

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have an Aorus RX580 running Mojave in my signature build that has supported 3x DP and 1x HDMI connected displays so it is possible. One of the displays is a 4K, the others 1080P - not sure if all can be 4K but do not see why not.