Contribute
Register

New build around this CPU Core i7-10700K 3.8Ghz / 8 Cores / 16 Threads / 16MB L3 Cache / 125W Max TDP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-P55-UD3L rev 2.3, socket LGA 1156, 16 GB DDR3
CPU
Intel Core I7 860 @t 2.93 MgHz
Graphics
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5 GV-N75TOC-2GI
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I decided to build new Hack around this Cpu. My Hack in my Configuration served me for 10 years very well. I still can use it for music production,
but the software developed too much and I can't run some new updates, bacause the hardware is old like new updates of Logic Pro X, Massive X of Native Instruments.... however it seems the most plugins companies will ban soon in the next 2-3 years any older hardware. For that Reason I want to buy at all this Cpu and if need I can exchange it with higher one as I9 when I buy a mobo with socket 1200. In my practice I saw that some plugins really like too fill up very fast the single core of Logic Pro x, and sometimes it comes to System overloaded. So.... I need an advice to build my hack what, kinds of Components should I buy:

1. CPU : Core i7-10700K 3.8Ghz / 8 Cores / 16 Threads / 16MB L3 Cache / 125W Max TDP

2. Mainboard: Here I need an Advice, I prefer ATX, but they are not so cheap, so can I use Micro ATX with good cooling in big box ?

3. Video: I don't need a grate video card, how I said I am using my Hack for music production. So the only thing is working HDMI and compatible
with 10.15 and 11.

4. Memory : I have now 16 GB DDR3 I am dealing with it even on big projects. But with 32GB DDR4 I will be very fine.

5. HDD : The Space is never enough :) joke :)

Well guys, I will need your advices for good cheap working video card and good cheap working mainboard. :)

10x in advance !

Here I need an Advice, I prefer ATX, but they are not so cheap, so can I use Micro ATX with good cooling in big box ?
Yes, you can use mATX. Should work well unless you need more PCIe slots for other cards than the GPU.
I will need your advices for good cheap working video card
Gigamaxx has verified this card working OOB with both Catalina and Big Sur. Low cost and it does have HDMI output.

or on Amazon. Newegg price is slightly lower right now.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073GF2CL6/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

You will also need to buy a good 3rd party cooler, do not use Intel, to cool the 10700K CPU. They tend to run hot.

Last edited:
10x for the answer for the mainboard should any Gigabyte or Asus work ? How is with other mobos like MSI, Asrock ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back