Contribute
Register

New build - any issues with these parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 560 + HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, i going to build a new hackintosh, currently running a build on gigabyte GA X48 DQ6

New specs are

GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
i7 2600
16gb 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 16GB 2x 8GB CML16GX3M2A1600C10 1600MHz DDR3 Memory
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC Rev 2
LiteOn IHAS124-04 24x DVD±R, 8x DVD±DL, DVD+RW x8/-RW x6, DVD-RAM x12, SATA

Using from Currant build

Case
PSU Silverstone zeus 650w
120gb Corsier Force 3 SSD
4x750gb Hitachi drives used for zfs raid

I have found some issues via google with the GTX 560 Ti are these still current?

I have found tonymacx86 guide to setting up this motherboard bios so should be good with this.

I am using an Ivy bridge motherboard with Sandy bridge cpu, will there be any issues. Note will be doing a little overclocking via turbo boost, but as this not the K version it won't be by a lot. Will i need to use one of the SSDT options in multibeast and if should i use the overclock one?

I will be doing a fresh install of ML.

In currant system i also use PCIE soundblaster card and intel Pro/1000 PCIE Nic, is it worth keeping these or are the onboards good enough now?

What other settings shall i use in multibeast?

many thanks

Hi, i going to build a new hackintosh, currently running a build on gigabyte GA X48 DQ6

New specs are

GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
i7 2600
16gb 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 16GB 2x 8GB CML16GX3M2A1600C10 1600MHz DDR3 Memory
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC Rev 2
LiteOn IHAS124-04 24x DVD±R, 8x DVD±DL, DVD+RW x8/-RW x6, DVD-RAM x12, SATA

Using from Currant build

Case
PSU Silverstone zeus 650w
120gb Corsier Force 3 SSD
4x750gb Hitachi drives used for zfs raid

I have found some issues via google with the GTX 560 Ti are these still current?

I have found tonymacx86 guide to setting up this motherboard bios so should be good with this.

I am using an Ivy bridge motherboard with Sandy bridge cpu, will there be any issues. Note will be doing a little overclocking via turbo boost, but as this not the K version it won't be by a lot. Will i need to use one of the SSDT options in multibeast and if should i use the overclock one?

I will be doing a fresh install of ML.

In currant system i also use PCIE soundblaster card and intel Pro/1000 PCIE Nic, is it worth keeping these or are the onboards good enough now?

What other settings shall i use in multibeast?

many thanks

Would strongly suggest using Ivy Bridge CPU on Z77 board. On newegg the 3770 non K is less than the 2600 and the 3770K is only $15 more. I would go with the 3770k since you are wanting to OC.

Onboard NIC and audio will work OK. Don't think the PCIe cards have drivers for OS X, but you can check.

560Ti still works with Fermi drivers to be installed via MultiBeast.

Thanks for reply, need i7 for extra threading and as on budget the 2600 is what it has to be.

Graphics seem to work straight out the box, though not sure if i need to add opencl from multibeast ?

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back