i7 6500U
Graphics
HD520, 3200 x 1800
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys,

So I finally managed to Hackintosh my first ever machine (i7 9700k, Gigabyte AORUS PRO Z390, UHD630) but sadly my RTX2080 is practically defunct with MacOS as we all know.

This means I'm stuck using the UHD630 on my motherboard to one screen (1x HDMI on my motherboard). Me, being me, thought you could simply get a splitter to allow for extending (not mirroring) and I quickly learnt HDMI just doesn't have this ability. I have a USB-C port but sadly this doesn't support ALT mode and I can't use it as a DPort.

As I'm a web developer I took this as a chance to buy myself a dedicated development machine and thus am willing to put the time and effort in to trying to find a decent machine for MacOS.

So far I've practically fallen for the ASRock DeskMini series due to their size - they come in two chipsets - H110 and H310 (they also do a Ryzen A300). What I'm not seeing though is a lot of success. Not success per-se in the fact people are struggling but I'm finding very few threads from people who own these (I've seen one maybe two success stories).

I'm also questioning if I will be able to use the NVMe port too.

Will I make a mistake going for one of these or will it be better to get a decent min-itx?

From a "what I need" POV, it's simply the case of either a i3 (8100/9100) or a i5 (8400/9400/9600) and 8GB RAM so this should make for a nice little dev machine.

man just take something from the older buyers guides and golden builds forum. just use what has been proven to work 10000times before you decided to opt for something strange. you dont need a 3xx chipset for 8xxx CPU
if price is the topic just replace he rtx with a 5700xt and you will be fine with your current build and still come out of it with less money spent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back