Contribute
Register

New Brightness kext, IntelBacklight.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your help so far. It looks like when I was disabling all the Clover fixes, I disabled the NewWay_80000000 flag, which meant that the AddPNLF_1000000 bit wasn't being checked. I re-enabled that and the IntelBacklight.kext is working now:

That would explain it.

It also would have shown clearly in the DSDT.aml that is output by 'patchmatic -extract'.

It is a good idea to check your work with 'patchmatic -extract'... So, in this example, you expect that Clover will add a PNLF Device for you, check DSDT.aml output from patchmatic to see if it is there.

Hi RehabMan, first of all thank you for your help, i have running 10.11 on my laptop audio with clover inject, and video with QE/CI with FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext and FakePCIID.kext, sleep is working, but no brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays :(
could you please help me i even created again my SSDT/DSDT, i Applied : "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" (to both DSDT and the SSDT that had my GFX0 device) and also: "Brightness Fix" to my SSDT with GFX0 i instala IntelBacklight.kext but no brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays. It used to work with 10.8.5 and 10.9.5 but with ACPIBacklight

Hi RehabMan, first of all thank you for your help, i have running 10.11 on my laptop audio with clover inject, and video with QE/CI with FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext and FakePCIID.kext, sleep is working, but no brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays :(
could you please help me i even created again my SSDT/DSDT, i Applied : "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" (to both DSDT and the SSDT that had my GFX0 device) and also: "Brightness Fix" to my SSDT with GFX0 i instala IntelBacklight.kext but no brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays. It used to work with 10.8.5 and 10.9.5 but with ACPIBacklight

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

Hi RehabMan, here are the required Files .Thank you for your help

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By5xxMpimUDNVWdWazNKTEtqczQ/

Hello RehabMan!
Thanks for this new kext! I've been trying to make it work for me on my XPS 12 9Q33 (Haskell) laptop, but it doesn't seem to be working. I've tried enabling the AddPNLF_1000000 flag in my Clover config.plist:

Code:
                                <key>AddPNLF_1000000</key>
                                <true/>

Rehabman, I would love to try this, where in the config.plist should I add that code?

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out, brightness slider now working, amazing!!!

:headbang:

Oh :)
You were right, you always right :)
THANK YOU!

With patched SSDTs, you need config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=true.

It is in the guide...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 12.48.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 12.48.49 PM.png
    263.2 KB · Views: 271
Oh :)
You were right, you always right :)
THANK YOU!

How come yours shows the refresh rate and brightness slider? Mine only shows the brightness slider?

How can I get to see the refresh rate dropbox? Anything else to add to Clovers config.plist?

How come yours shows the refresh rate and brightness slider? Mine only shows the brightness slider?

How can I get to see the refresh rate dropbox? Anything else to add to Clovers config.plist?

Maybe depends on specific screen installed/EDID?

Attachments

• Screenshot (42).png
    Screenshot (42).png
    111.1 KB · Views: 161
  • Screenshot (43).png
    Screenshot (43).png
    127.8 KB · Views: 159
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back