Contribute
Register

New Brightness kext, IntelBacklight.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for detailed answer!

There is something funny.When I update to EL C.Then I found old bright kext can not work anymore.But when I uninstall the kext.And I find the original kext work.It doesn't work for me when I'm in Yosemite.

There is something funny.When I update to EL C.Then I found old bright kext can not work anymore.But when I uninstall the kext.And I find the original kext work.It doesn't work for me when I'm in Yosemite.

No idea what you mean "old bright kext", "the kext" and "original kext".

Hello RehabMan!
Thanks for this new kext! I've been trying to make it work for me on my XPS 12 9Q33 (Haskell) laptop, but it doesn't seem to be working. I've tried enabling the AddPNLF_1000000 flag in my Clover config.plist:

Code:
                                <key>AddPNLF_1000000</key>
                                <true/>

And also tried patching my SSDT-4 using graphics_PNLF_haswell.txt, which is where integrated graphics device is defined, but I'm still seeing the message:

Code:
IntelBacklight: IntelBacklightPanel not found (PNLF patch missing?)... aborting

Hello RehabMan!
Thanks for this new kext! I've been trying to make it work for me on my XPS 12 9Q33 (Haskell) laptop, but it doesn't seem to be working. I've tried enabling the AddPNLF_1000000 flag in my Clover config.plist:

Code:
                                <key>AddPNLF_1000000</key>
                                <true/>

And also tried patching my SSDT-4 using graphics_PNLF_haswell.txt, which is where integrated graphics device is defined, but I'm still seeing the message:

Code:
IntelBacklight: IntelBacklightPanel not found (PNLF patch missing?)... aborting

Interestingly enough, after playing around with it some more, I can get brightness going by only using the AddPNLF_1000000 (not even doing the graphics_PNLF_haswell patch); I didn't even need the new IntelBacklight.kext. I did have to put the device to sleep once and then suddenly the brightness started working after I woke the device up...

Interestingly enough, after playing around with it some more, I can get brightness going by only using the AddPNLF_1000000 (not even doing the graphics_PNLF_haswell patch); I didn't even need the new IntelBacklight.kext. I did have to put the device to sleep once and then suddenly the brightness started working after I woke the device up...

IntelBacklight.kext will give you:
- smooth transitions
- full range of backlight
- backlight working before and after sleep...

IntelBacklight.kext will give you:
- smooth transitions
- full range of backlight
- backlight working before and after sleep...

Any idea why it's not wanting to start up? I'm still getting the "IntelBacklight: IntelBacklightPanel not found (PNLF patch missing?)... aborting" message, even as my brightness is working after a sleep.

Any idea why it's not wanting to start up? I'm still getting the "IntelBacklight: IntelBacklightPanel not found (PNLF patch missing?)... aborting" message, even as my brightness is working after a sleep.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

Attached the ioreg and patchmatic files here:

View attachment RehabMan-nuudles.zip

kextstat outputs:

Code:
nuudells :: ~/Downloads/RehabMan » kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    2 0xffffff7f82bd8000 0x66000    0x66000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) 295F7A91-2DF7-3FFE-9550-A0C1A6F9D575 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
nuudells :: ~/Downloads/RehabMan » kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
nuudells :: ~/Downloads/RehabMan » kextstat|grep -y applelpc                                                                                              1 ↵
   87    0 0xffffff7f825dd000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (3.1) 0C90B22D-637B-3000-8C44-B7955D57E10A <82 12 5 4 3>

Contents of EFI/CLOVER:

View attachment Clover-nuudles.zip

Attached the ioreg and patchmatic files here:

View attachment 153107

kextstat outputs:

Code:
nuudells :: ~/Downloads/RehabMan » kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    2 0xffffff7f82bd8000 0x66000    0x66000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) 295F7A91-2DF7-3FFE-9550-A0C1A6F9D575 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
nuudells :: ~/Downloads/RehabMan » kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
nuudells :: ~/Downloads/RehabMan » kextstat|grep -y applelpc                                                                                              1 ↵
   87    0 0xffffff7f825dd000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (3.1) 0C90B22D-637B-3000-8C44-B7955D57E10A <82 12 5 4 3>

Contents of EFI/CLOVER:

View attachment 153108

Make sure you don't have both ACPIBacklight.kext and IntelBacklight.kext installed.

Also, check that SIP is disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back