Contribute
Register

New Automatic HDMI Audio Script Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you try the auto detect script, worked for me many times on different builds (many thanks Toleda). The instructions are hard to decipher and it sometimes comes up with errors due to how your build is set up but it's always delivered in the end....
ya I have tried auto detect method but it didn't work for me. also I have tried fresh installation of Mac OS Sierra 10.12.2 on my pc but it didn't help me.

Really hoping to get this to work. Ran the audio_cloverHDMI-120.command script, but still unable to get audio thru my Dell Ultrasharp U3415W Display.

1. No audio. My "Sound" System preference lists "Built-in", "Audio line-out port", and "Optical digital-out port". But no mention of my Dell Ultrasharp U3415W Display

2. 10.12.2 Asrock H170M Pro4, Bios 7.10 skylake 6800k 4 ghz, using integrated HD530 GPU

3. Used script from post 1 in this guide, audio_cloverHDMI-120.command

4. Attached IoReg

5. Console does not have a "Save a copy as" command available under file. So not sure what to do to help here.

6. attached

7. N/A using clover

8. attached

Attachments

• Asrock H170M Pro4.ioreg
    5.7 MB · Views: 138
  • AppleHDA.kext
    0 bytes · Views: 122
  • Clover.zip
    11.7 KB · Views: 94
Resident HDMI Audio expert toleda has released a new script which automatically configures HDMI audio for most desktop systems with Intel, AMD, and NVIDIA graphics using Clover bootloader.

The new method, called CloverHDMI requires no DSDT edits. The script detects and installs correct ssdt(s) and Intel framebuffer patches for the connected HDMI display enabling OS X HDMI audio.

How to use:
1. Download the script: audio_cloverHDMI-110.command.zip (El Capitan) or audio_cloverHDMI-120.command.zip (Sierra)
2. Mount EFI partition
3. Double-click the script, which will open in terminal
4. Answer y/n at the prompts
5. When script is done, reboot system

Please note this script is in beta. Do not report bugs here. Report all results and any bugs at the main HDMI Audio thread.

All issues need Problem Reporting files attached, see Post #1, HDMI audio thread.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/143760-audio-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.html
thanks a ton man! Worked like a charm. Relieved
The sound is not adjustable though.

Does anyone have a working solution for those of us with working AMD RX 480 GPUs? The latest Sierra script doesn't launch right, regardless of post 1, step 3. It just quits out.

"OS X Version: 10.12.3 is not supported"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back