Contribute
Register

New Automatic HDMI Audio Script Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
MultiBeast 100 Series Audio disables HD530 HDMI audio and Optional HD530 HDMI audio is not necessary.
Fix:
1. remove config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/Rename HDAS to HDEF
Hi Toleda, thanks for the reply - I removed the entire section, reboot, and then I go into a boot loop. Checking verbose mode seems to imply that the iGPU isn't being initialized, which oddly makes sense because as soon as it gets to that point in a normal boot the load screen switches to 720p (the resolution I have OSX set to run in because the TV i'm gonna connect this to is a 720p set), but in this case it gets to that point and then resets. I'm unsure as to why simply removing this section causes this to happen.

OK, since I'm really dense apparently and can't figure this out, can anyone tell me how to "remove config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/Rename HDAS to HDEF"? I delete the section in red and then I get the boot loop I describe above - what am I doing wrong here? Many thanks!!!

"
<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
<key>DSDT</key>
<dict>
<key>Debug</key>
<false/>
<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>DSDT.aml</string>
<key>Patches</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Rename HDAS to HDEF</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
SERBUw==
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
SERFRg==
</data>

</dict>
</array>
<key>ReuseFFFF</key>
<false/>
"

<key>Patches</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Rename HDAS to HDEF</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
SERBUw==
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
SERFRg==
</data>
</dict>

</array>
Never a good idea to use a text editor on an xml plist.
Try Xcode, PlistEditPro, etc.
Remove all shown.

Never a good idea to use a text editor on an xml plist.
Try Xcode, PlistEditPro, etc.
Remove all shown.
Oh I know, I use PlistEdit Pro. I'm just saying That the text in red is what I'm taking out, and is what causes a boot loop. I just tried it again, removing what you stated up there, and I keep getting this damn boot loop. :( I do appreciate your continued help, Toleda.

Resident HDMI Audio expert toleda has released a new script which automatically configures HDMI audio for most desktop systems with Intel, AMD, and NVIDIA graphics using Clover bootloader.

The new method, called CloverHDMI requires no DSDT edits. The script detects and installs correct ssdt(s) and Intel framebuffer patches for the connected HDMI display enabling OS X HDMI audio.

How to use:
1. Download the script: audio_cloverHDMI-110.command.zip
2. Mount EFI partition
3. Double-click the script, which will open in terminal
4. Answer y/n at the prompts
5. When script is done, reboot system

Please note this script is in beta. Do not report bugs here. Report all results and any bugs at the main HDMI Audio thread.

All issues need Problem Reporting files attached, see Post #1, HDMI audio thread.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/143760-audio-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.html

I keep getting this:

Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem

Any idea what to do? This is the last thing I need to fix on my machine and then it will be 100% operational.

First off, a MASSIVE thanks to Toleda and TMac. My first Hack set up took 3-4 months (I know nothing) but I recently installed 10.12 on a new SSD from scratch in about 30 mins using Unibeast and Toledo's scripts.
One Q about them though.. how hardware specific are they? i.e. if I were to change my GPU (say 950>970) would I have to re patch? Or is it a global Nvidia patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back