Contribute
Register

New Audio Edits: UD2 - Full 100% Audio outputs coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
i have installed the fixed DSDT to enable Sleep. Everything works fine except Audio.
I have the BIOS F7 installed on my board p55m ud2. I flash my Bios Today to F8. Is there something i must consider? Save something?

If i install the newest LegacyHDA ALC 888b Six 3.5mm Audio Jacks and replace the DSDT, must i replaced the Fixed DSDT again or are the fixes in the MultiBeast´s DSDT.

Sorry for my bad english but i hope everybody understand me ;)

Thanks

reksi said:
Hi,
i have installed the fixed DSDT to enable Sleep. Everything works fine except Audio.
I have the BIOS F7 installed on my board p55m ud2. I flash my Bios Today to F8. Is there something i must consider? Save something?

If i install the newest LegacyHDA ALC 888b Six 3.5mm Audio Jacks and replace the DSDT, must i replaced the Fixed DSDT again or are the fixes in the MultiBeast´s DSDT.

Sorry for my bad english but i hope everybody understand me ;)

Thanks

Ok, so this is the current state of affairs. I'm working on getting the LegacyHDAs updated for the next MultiBeast, enabling all ins.out.

We've got all of the ins/outs working except the front mic. Digital, etc... For the UD2, this means 8 ins/outs on the back and 2 on the front (for my case).

Will be updated soon, but use that LegacyHDA in MultiBeast for now. It will give you sound- then update when the new MultiBeast comes out. ;)

k i will take the LegacyHDA. Must i replaced the DSDT again or use the one you have post in Post1?

NEW VERSION OF THE UD2 DSDT (in MultiBeast)
Public/DSDT-GA-P55M-UD2-F8.aml

reksi said:
k i will take the LegacyHDA. Must i replaced the DSDT again or use the one you have post in Post1?

NEW VERSION OF THE UD2 DSDT (in MultiBeast)
Public/DSDT-GA-P55M-UD2-F8.aml

Specs in signature please ;)

Yeah- it's in Multibeast 0.9.9- just use the one there. You'll need the F8 version.

i have tested it right now and everything works fine. Thanks a lot!

Just checked back on this topic and looks like good progress has been made regarding S/PDIF output, many thanks to all involved.

Has anyone had any luck with enabling digital input as well as output? Would love to have a fully digital, fully working setup, as I'm sure others would.

Thanks again to everyone taking the time to work on this.

You'd need to have a separate S/PDIF input bracket, as the boards don't have S/PDIF input as standard.
It looks like this and has product code 12CR1-1SPDIN-01R
12CR1-1SPDIN-01R.jpg

I'm actually building a hackintosh inside a Power Mac G5 case, and re-using the original G5 rear panel connectors, so will be soldering the appropriate pins to the motherboard S/PDIF-in header.

So does this mean that digital-in and -out are both working at present?

I'm not sure to be honest, and I don't think you can simply solder the headers on, but I could be wrong.

I guess you'll have to do some research about it, but soldering doesn't seem like a good idea, as the connectors won't be removable. If you want to solder, get an old CD-ROM audio cable and use that to interface with the motherboard and the other end you can solder to the connectors in the G5 case.

What I described is a relatively simple mod. I'll also be de-soldering and removing all the Gigabyte motherboard rear-panel I/O ports and soldering the relevant points to a trimmed piece of an original Power Mac G5 motherboard.

I hope this picture will explain better:

g5ports.jpg

Apologies for swaying off topic and back to my original question; is there currently a way to fully enable S/PDIF input and output on the UD2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back