Contribute
Register

New ASRock Z390 PHANTOM Gaming-ITX/ac Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
352Z fit and worked as a replacement for the onboard Wi-Fi card. I'd rather keep the M.2 slots available. EDIT: I see what you mean now, I am not sure if there is room in the enclosure, it does seem like adding an adapter might cut it close. It might be possible but I haven't checked the measurements.

Yes I did, but I haven't worked with the Nvidia cards at all. I have sleep working with iGPU only and with an RX 580, each configured slightly differently. Do you use any special ig-platform-id for your iGPU? That if need be, and proper SMBIOS selection seems to be the way to go.

Not that I'm aware of. It is functioning from what I can tell as it is detected in mac os and seems to function (tho i don't know how I would go about actually verifying that) and it is currently a 18,3 iMac which seemed to be the right selection.

As it stands it will "sleep" in that the display and peripherals turn off but the fans and lights stay on.

What is super annoying is in a previous install it worked fine, I decided to start over as I had some other issues and now can't get it to sleep! :oops:

I see now, with lilu and airportBrcmFixup, there are many ways to install a convenient card following needs and room. Glad you made it completely ok... congrats

@Colorado What BIOS number are you using? I'm about to complete a build with the Asrock Z390. Are you sticking to BIOS 1.2 as mentioned in other TM posts?

I got this board to work with an 8700K and 10.13.6.

Only things I have noticed are that the case USB 3.0 ports operate at USB 2.0 speeds and do not recognize USB 3.0 devices. Also the pair of USB 3.0 ports under the Ethernet port work at 2.0 speeds as well.

Also Thunderbolt won't connect upon the first initial boot-up, but will connect after every subsequent restart.

Does any owner of this board experience issues with USB devices getting unplugged upon sleep?
Ant idea how to solve this?

Anyone else having any luck getting dual monitors going with integrated graphics?

A pair of identical 1080p monitors are being used and both show up at the Clover Screen, but once at the halfway point of the Apple logo appearing with the loading bar, the monitor connected via DisplayPort to HDMI goes black.

** Oh yeah, I fixed the Thunderbolt not connecting on initial bootup issue by going into the Thunderbolt preferences and changing 'Thunderbolt Boot Support' to 'Boot once'.

I ended up having to install a GTX 1050Ti so that I could get dual monitors working.

Other than that, the build has been running like a champ!

Does any owner of this board experience issues with USB devices getting unplugged upon sleep?
Ant idea how to solve this?

I wasn't having issues with this, but now I am. Not sure what I changed but when I figure it out I'll post back here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back