1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Now, even Microsoft is going to start making their own Arm CPUs...

So, now the three largest tech companies in the world will be using Arm CPUs... Two of them in servers for AWS and Azure.

Where's that guy who kept saying Arm CPUs are weak and only good for phones?

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP 8300 Elite
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
GT 710
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Sent my M1 MBPr back yesterday. Couldn't live with having a super duper machine and never using even a tenth of its power. Awaiting MacSE or similar.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm really in two minds about this. Professionally I have too much software that only works on windows (engineering software). I was finally going to take the plunge on a 16" MBP, but if I'm going to go have to buy a Windows laptop again in 2 or 3 years anyway I'm not going to bother. It seems my window of opportunity has definitively closed.

Motherboard
HP 8300 Elite
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
GT 710
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I started looking for a windows laptop and found myself thinking how poorly they compared to the M1's so ordered the lowest spec Air (Cheapest I could find in UK was BT - £920).

Motherboard
custom
CPU
i74770k
Graphics
GTX760
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Some of us can’t afford seperate hackintosh/Mac and Windows PC “powerhouse”. Still need to see how the Apple Chip and software talks together.
I say we have a few years ahead where modern Mac hardware and PC hardware must be supported for a few years. But the point is simple; if they own the hardware manufacturing, a hackintosh is simply pointless in the future unless there is some smarty-pants that can reverse-engineer their hardware.

Motherboard
HP 8300 Elite
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
GT 710
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I say we have a few years ahead where modern Mac hardware and PC hardware must be supported for a few years. But the point is simple; if they own the hardware manufacturing, a hackintosh is simply pointless in the future unless there is some smarty-pants that can reverse-engineer their hardware.
Yes. Apple silicon is miles ahead of any PC based hardware - I do wonder how Windows machines will get the R&D and support from MSoft that would be needed to integrate the hardware/software as Apple have done.

The chances of anybody making unlicensed hardware that can run MacOS in the future is virtually zero and suggest getting Windows to run well on Apple hardware is a more likely hobby. The rise of the Wintoshers has begun.