Contribute
Register

New Apple Silicon Macs for 2021: Redesigned iMac and a Mac Pro mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kinds of performance gains should we expect?

Oh I have no idea honestly, I just know that when I use my Hack in Windows on the gaming side, I was happy with a 5600xt I tried out briefly and so I'd like to just get something in that range.

My RX580 is mostly fine for what I do at 1080p-ish levels of gaming, but I'd like to bump up a bit and do 1440p gaming.

Oh I have no idea honestly, I just know that when I use my Hack in Windows on the gaming side, I was happy with a 5600xt I tried out briefly and so I'd like to just get something in that range.

My RX580 is mostly fine for what I do at 1080p-ish levels of gaming, but I'd like to bump up a bit and do 1440p gaming.
Gotcha! It's about Windows 10 more. That I can understand and know what you mean. 1440P is the sweet spot for gaming if you ask me.

Gotcha! It's about Windows 10 more. That I can understand and know what you mean. 1440P is the sweet spot for gaming if you ask me.
Yes, it is.
I have got a 27" 1440p AOC AGON Monitor now and a RX 6900 XT to compliment it.

Yes, it is.
I have got a 27" 1440p AOC AGON Monitor now and a RX 6900 XT to compliment it.
Are those GPUs supported in Big Sur now?

Forgive me I’m a little out of date on what the latest support level is in the OS

Do they work in Catalina as well?
No, the 6900XT isn't supported yet in Big Sur or Catalina. I highly doubt they'll support Catalina. Drivers not released by Apple in 11.2. Maybe in a few months.

For Win10 gaming, no problems.

Last edited:
Oh sorry, the RX 6900 XT is not supported yet on Big Sur 11.2. Still using the Radeon 64 LC for macOS.

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 02.18.50 copy.png

No, the 6900XT isn't supported yet in Big Sur or Catalina. I highly doubt they'll support Catalina. Drivers not released by Apple in 11.2. Maybe in a few months.

For Win10 gaming, no problems.

Thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back