XFX Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

Since I built my Hack a couple of years ago I've been using a Microsoft mouse with a USB dongle. A couple of weeks ago I finally got around to grabbing an Apple Magic Mouse to pair with my IOGEAR bluetooth 4.0 dongle (as recommended on this site). For the most part it works, but it seems to be giving me some trouble.

If I try to wake from sleep by clicking the mouse, the computer wakes but the mouse doesn't work. I have to wake from the keyboard only. Okay, not a big deal but still interesting.

Most noticeably when I'm using Safari the mouse has a terrible lag/stutter. I really cannot figure out why this could be happening. I've restarted the machine a few times and the problem persists.

A couple of days ago when I woke from sleep, the mouse failed to connect. The bluetooth icon on the menu bar kept flashing between no connection and connection. Eventually I just had to do a hard restart.

The battery power in the mouse is fine (90%), and I bought it directly from the Apple store. I ordered the IOGEAR bluetooth dongle from Amazon about 6 months ago, but I don't really use bluetooth for too much. I'm running OS X 10.8.4.

Is it possible the bluetooth dongle is bad, or is there something else I should look at?!

Thanks in advance!

First off I would really recommend you get an apple bluetooth module as it works the best and is 100% compatible. Secondly, try moving your dongle to a front port or a hub thats closer to your magic mouse. Or take your magic mouse to within a foot of the dongle and see if that fixed the stutter

Thanks. The dongle and the mouse are really close together, so it's not a distance problem. I may just try moving the dongle to another USB port, and if that doesn't work I'll order a new one.

Thanks, again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back