Contribute
Register

New Apple boot logo [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i5 << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
GT 430
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all! This is my first post, so please be gentle.
I created a couple of boot logos and just wanted to post them.
And you may be asking yourself, "Why? Why would you want to go and do a darn fool thing like that?"
My response would be, "Plain and simple boredom".
Anyway, you can view them below and, if you like, download them.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
So, without further ado, here are some instructions I threw together.

If you have your Boot.plist set to not use the Legacy Logo and are already using the boot image from the /Extra/Themes/Default folder, follow these instructions. If otherwise, skip down to the next paragraph. Your instructions are there.
If using Chimera boot loader, navigate to Extra/Themes/Default on your hard drive.
There you will find a file called "boot" or "boot.png".
Move that file to another location (desktop, documents, etc.) so you will have a backup in case you want it later.
Now move one of the boot logo files you just downloaded (apple blue or apple grey) to the /Extra/Themes/Default.
Rename the file to "boot.png". (without quotes)
Restart your computer and watch your new boot logo.

If you are still using the legacy Apple logo, (the dark grey apple), then your Boot.plist is not set to use the new boot logo.
To change this, all you have to do is navigate to the Extra folder on your hard drive. Inside there is a file called "org.chameleon.Boot.plist". Open this file with TextEdit. You can also use TextMate if you have it.
Locate the line in your Boot.plist that reads "<key>Legacy Logo</key>". Directly underneath is another line that reads "<string>Yes</string>". Change the "Yes" to "No". (once again without the quotes)
Then save your changes.
That's it! After you place the new boot logo in the correct place, (as stated above) the next time you restart you will see your new boot logo.
Enjoy!

This has only been tested on a system using the Chimera boot loader. I do not know if this will work using any other boot loader.

Attachments

• apple blue.jpg
    apple blue.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 1,676
  • apple grey.jpg
    apple grey.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 2,115
  • apple light grey.jpg
    apple light grey.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 2,129
  • Boot logo.zip
    40.3 KB · Views: 744