Contribute
Register

New AMD Radeon VII on my Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I've got the Sapphire Radeon VII card. I have issues with DisplayPort connection to my monitor. I get a computer lags and then freezes. But, if I pull the DisplayPort connection, I save it and all is working normally!

Ever heard of anything like that? Could it be my monitor, or the card? Thanks.

This card requires proper SMBIOS!!

You shall use iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS, otherwise this card is not fully utilized. Also Mojave (10.14.5 as minimum), also you have to update Radeon VII vbios to the latest version.

Last edited:
This card requires proper SMBIOS!!

You shall use iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS, otherwise this card is not fully utilized. Also Mojave (10.14.5 as minimum), also you have to update vbios to the latest version.

My BIOS SMBIOS is how you say above, and I'm on 14.6 Mojave, all is unto date and how it should be. I have today had a new Radeon VII card in my computer, and, so far, no freezes / crash.. yet - I'll report back if it does though.

10.14.6 has made my Radeon VII much more stable. It now doesn't throw errors at boot anymore.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. It still happens, but far less frequently. We'll see how it goes with a new release of Whatevergreen.

Any updates on the new whatevergreen?

my bios smbios is how you say above, and I'm on 14.6 Mojave, all is unto date and how it should be, I have today had a new Radeon VII card in my computer and so far no freezes / crash.. yet - I'll report back if it does though.
As I understand, it was broken hardwre issue?

FWIW, i never had the glitchy mouse issues, but may have stumbled on the issue when troubleshooting a separate issue.

I had to disable my iGPU (i have since gotten it working properly again) and when i booted into macOS with the iGPU disabled (I'm using imac19,1) i had the choppy/glitchy mouse issue appear. As soon as i got the iGPU working again the glitch went away. i know you are on an x299 and don't have an iGPU, but maybe you were using a system def that expects it (like imac19)?

g\

Hi,
Do you have a Radeon VII? Can’t boot with the Internal graphics enabled...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back