Contribute
Register

New AMD Radeon VII on my Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Navi is right around the corner... so Im going to wait. I want to go 4k or between 1080 and 4k somewhere lol . I picked up a 590. This is a great card ftw. Runs pretty much everything at 1080 for gaming on PC side. Mac its supported...

Navi is right around the corner... so Im going to wait. I want to go 4k or between 1080 and 4k somewhere lol . I picked up a 590. This is a great card ftw. Runs pretty much everything at 1080 for gaming on PC side. Mac its supported...
Radeon VII is the most powerful card from AMD stable.... Is NAVI replacement of VII ?

Just an FYI, the glitchy mouse issues have gone away for me. I don't know why. I didn't change anything. But I've gone a few days at least without any mouse issues. Everything is running smoothly.

Just an FYI, the glitchy mouse issues have gone away for me. I don't know why. I didn't change anything.

FWIW, i never had the glitchy mouse issues, but may have stumbled on the issue when troubleshooting a separate issue.

I had to disable my iGPU (i have since gotten it working properly again) and when i booted into macOS with the iGPU disabled (I'm using imac19,1) i had the choppy/glitchy mouse issue appear. As soon as i got the iGPU working again the glitch went away. i know you are on an x299 and don't have an iGPU, but maybe you were using a system def that expects it (like imac19)?

g\

FWIW, i never had the glitchy mouse issues, but may have stumbled on the issue when troubleshooting a separate issue.

I had to disable my iGPU (i have since gotten it working properly again) and when i booted into macOS with the iGPU disabled (I'm using imac19,1) i had the choppy/glitchy mouse issue appear. As soon as i got the iGPU working again the glitch went away. i know you are on an x299 and don't have an iGPU, but maybe you were using a system def that expects it (like imac19)?

g\

What did you need to change to get your igpu working?

Does anyone have any thoughts as to why the Radeon VII which seems to be recognized across benchmark apps like Luxmark and Geekbench and by Profiler but will not accelerate FCPX. It seems to provide a bit of support but does not fill GPU History in Activity Monitor the way my RX 580 would show it was being maxed out. I am running 18,3 SMBIOS, 7700K, Gig Z170X gaming mobo. I tried SMBIOS iMacPro 1,1, turned of iGPU (it crashes otherwise) and FCPX flew, rendering was 2X faster than my RX 580 but no matter what I do I can't get FCPX to do the same thing in 18,3. Thanks.

I do see GPU history go full range running BruceX benchmark with Radeon VII.

Anyone tried two GPUs: one Radeon VII and one Radeon Frontier? I can only get one of them to work, either macOS won't boot (stuck at PCI Configuration Begin) or Radeon Frontier missing two ranges of IODeviceMemory. They both work on Linux, with correct 64bit pref bridge windows. Somehow Apple PCI drivers do not work for Radeon Frontier.

The upcoming Navi cards don't replace the Radeon VII yet. The VII will continue to be AMD's top-end card for at least this year.

If you're not completely tied to going with a 4K monitor, you'd be better off with a 2560x1440 27" 144Hz monitor for gaming.

The upcoming Navi cards don't replace the Radeon VII yet. The VII will continue to be AMD's top-end card for at least this year.

If you're not completely tied to going with a 4K monitor, you'd be better off with a 2560x1440 27" 144Hz monitor for gaming.

I am looking forward to 10.15.0 and updated drivers for the Radeon VII like everyone else who has one, but it is working great in my system.

Hey guys!
Finally I'm about to build a new hackintosh and contemplating the Radeon VII,
but a friend of mine has a good price on his Gigabyte Vega 56.
Do you think it would be comparable in performances in Resolve on Mojave 10.4.5 to the Radeon VII?
It should be more native and more optimized since it's the one used by the iMac Pro, right?
Lastly, are your systems with Radeon VII chirping or affected by coil noise?
Thanks!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back