CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Tried 19,1. No difference. Everything works great in 18,1 except for FCP.
Best is to disable iGPU in bios and then using iMac Pro 1,1 SMBIOS

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3
CPU
I7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
128K, 512K, Plus, Portable, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Best is to disable iGPU in bios and then using iMac Pro 1,1 SMBIOS
Yep, just did. Power management looks fine. Thanks. Someone else suggested the problem is the 16 gig of HBM memory.

Motherboard
MSI H170I Pro AC
CPU
i5-6600
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
iOS
Does anyone have any thoughts as to why the Radeon VII which seems to be recognized across benchmark apps like Luxmark and Geekbench and by Profiler but will not accelerate FCPX. It seems to provide a bit of support but does not fill GPU History in Activity Monitor the way my RX 580 would show it was being maxed out. I am running 18,3 SMBIOS, 7700K, Gig Z170X gaming mobo. I tried SMBIOS iMacPro 1,1, turned of iGPU (it crashes otherwise) and FCPX flew, rendering was 2X faster than my RX 580 but no matter what I do I can't get FCPX to do the same thing in 18,3. Thanks.
I guess “Paul chato” made a video about it. You can see it my friend. Seems I saw this configuration before.

Motherboard
MSI H170I Pro AC
CPU
i5-6600
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
iOS
Navi is right around the corner... so Im going to wait. I want to go 4k or between 1080 and 4k somewhere lol . I picked up a 590. This is a great card ftw. Runs pretty much everything at 1080 for gaming on PC side. Mac its supported...
Radeon VII is the most powerful card from AMD stable.... Is NAVI replacement of VII ?

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-Deluxe
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
Radeon VII
Just an FYI, the glitchy mouse issues have gone away for me. I don't know why. I didn't change anything. But I've gone a few days at least without any mouse issues. Everything is running smoothly.

Motherboard
GA-Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9900K
Graphics
UHD630 & Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Just an FYI, the glitchy mouse issues have gone away for me. I don't know why. I didn't change anything.
FWIW, i never had the glitchy mouse issues, but may have stumbled on the issue when troubleshooting a separate issue.

I had to disable my iGPU (i have since gotten it working properly again) and when i booted into macOS with the iGPU disabled (I'm using imac19,1) i had the choppy/glitchy mouse issue appear. As soon as i got the iGPU working again the glitch went away. i know you are on an x299 and don't have an iGPU, but maybe you were using a system def that expects it (like imac19)?

g\

Motherboard
Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
Graphics
GTX1080 (Asus ROG Strix)
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
PowerBook, Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
FWIW, i never had the glitchy mouse issues, but may have stumbled on the issue when troubleshooting a separate issue.

I had to disable my iGPU (i have since gotten it working properly again) and when i booted into macOS with the iGPU disabled (I'm using imac19,1) i had the choppy/glitchy mouse issue appear. As soon as i got the iGPU working again the glitch went away. i know you are on an x299 and don't have an iGPU, but maybe you were using a system def that expects it (like imac19)?

g\
What did you need to change to get your igpu working?

Motherboard
GA-Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9900K
Graphics
UHD630 & Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Does anyone have any thoughts as to why the Radeon VII which seems to be recognized across benchmark apps like Luxmark and Geekbench and by Profiler but will not accelerate FCPX. It seems to provide a bit of support but does not fill GPU History in Activity Monitor the way my RX 580 would show it was being maxed out. I am running 18,3 SMBIOS, 7700K, Gig Z170X gaming mobo. I tried SMBIOS iMacPro 1,1, turned of iGPU (it crashes otherwise) and FCPX flew, rendering was 2X faster than my RX 580 but no matter what I do I can't get FCPX to do the same thing in 18,3. Thanks.
I do see GPU history go full range running BruceX benchmark with Radeon VII.

Anyone tried two GPUs: one Radeon VII and one Radeon Frontier? I can only get one of them to work, either macOS won't boot (stuck at PCI Configuration Begin) or Radeon Frontier missing two ranges of IODeviceMemory. They both work on Linux, with correct 64bit pref bridge windows. Somehow Apple PCI drivers do not work for Radeon Frontier.