New AMD Radeon VII on my Hackintosh

e97

Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Yeah..I peg that at fairly low odds
I give it the same odds as me flying to the moon next week :D

Good call. I also wonder if Navi might hold something of interest for me also.
I'm hopeful about Navi.

Radeon Frontier Edition : Vega 64 :: Radeon VII : Navi

Navi being a 2080 Ti killer seems possible given Radeon VII is a similar architecture with die shrink, but not fully optimized.

Motherboard
Rampage VI Extreme Omega
CPU
9980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
How did you managed to download 10.14.5 onto usb stick, I struggle with this, it only lets me download 14.14.4....

Adrian B

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-B75M-HD3
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 5570
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Other
Beta software is pre full public release, so expect some kinks and issues may still need to be ironed out. Things can change between release versions and support may go backwards not forwards.

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

Read and understand what others with similar hardware are/have done. Don't run Beta software on a production machine unless you are using it for testing only.
10.14.5 will probably go live as a full release in about two weeks from now for those happy to wait.

Motherboard
GA-Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9900K
Graphics
UHD630 & Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Radeon VII is working pretty close to without a hitch here on 10.14.5 beta and now release.
I did lose audio over DP but i think thats because i need a proper HDAU SSDT definition for the radeon VII (or an updated whatevergreen, i think the next version already has this but isn't compiled yet for general release).

Anyway, though little is known for sure about Navi, consensus is that it will be a mainstream architecture to replace RX500 series and probably wont compete with radeon vii, at least not initially, and radeon vii may remain AMDs highest end offering for now. Navi should be announced next month and may release in July.

g\

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro RX 580 8 gig
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Heyy genzai :) That's excellent to hear. I have a Vega 56 now but am thinking of using the Radeon VII if the effects with FCPX, Motion, Logic pro, DaVinci, Adobe etc.. are substantially superior.
Do you use any of these editing/ creation programs OR others that are very demanding on the GPU?

Thank you in advance

Motherboard
GA-Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9900K
Graphics
UHD630 & Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Well that was easy. got audio back. just used @kgp 's beta SSDT and adapted it to my board. no Whatevergreen is needed.

g\

Motherboard
Asus P6T
CPU
W3520
Graphics
GTX470
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Nice!
Yeah I'm curious too of its performance in Resolve...did you try it? Is it noisy? Thanks!!!

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-Deluxe
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
Radeon VII
I posted this in the X299 thread, but thought it might be insightful here.

Upgraded from High Sierra to Mojave today, along with switching from 1080TI to Radeon VII. Geekbench score went from ~40,000 to ~48,000 for some reason. Ran the test multiple times and it is consistent. OpenCL is ~170,000 and Metal is ~162,000... also consistent. Cinebench R20 score is 5353, right where I expected comparing to the list of systems in the benchmark app. Performance in Resolve is about the same and perhaps about 10% better with the Radeon VII compared to the 1080TI.

Motherboard
Asus P6T
CPU
W3520
Graphics
GTX470
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
that's great! news! thanks! is it noisier? is it stable? did you do vanilla with 10.4.5?