Register

New AMD Radeon VII on my Hackintosh

Motherboard
ASRock X99 Extreme6
CPU
E5-2690 v4
Graphics
Radeon VII
Were you using HDMI audio when you got the panic? Based on the backtrace, I think it's possible you can add back WEG for 144hz and avoid the panic by not using the HDMI audio device.

I use WEG with my Radeon VII, but I can only think of a couple times I ever used the HDMI audio out.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Were you using HDMI audio when you got the panic? Based on the backtrace, I think it's possible you can add back WEG for 144hz and avoid the panic by not using the HDMI audio device.

I use WEG with my Radeon VII, but I can only think of a couple times I ever used the HDMI audio out.
I was getting the HDMI audio panic on wake even though I wasn't using HDMI audio.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
ASUS Z390-I
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
5700xt nitro+

yep but with Displayport not HDMI, i leave my build for like a 3-4 hours and just out curiosity "hey lets try that displayport audio, i bet it stop working/or if working will start glichy again for like 5 minutes" and my build force restart it self.

so what im better doing are put WEG back->connect my monitor with Displayport cable again-> but dont ever ever touch the displayport audio again in system preferences?

right now im using HDMI cable to connect to my monitor because Displayport port not working after deleting WEG.

@pastrychef , im trying it right now with :
Youtube playback ,recording Zoom call ,toying around with FCPX and browsing.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
yep, i leave my build for like a 3-4 hours and just out curiosity "hey lets try that displayport audio, i bet it stop working/or if working will start glichy again for like 5 minutes"

so what im better doing are put WEG back->connect my monitor with Displayport cable again-> but dont ever ever touch the displayport audio again in system preferences?

right now im using HDMI cable to connect to my monitor because Displayport port not working after deleting WEG.

@pastrychef , im trying it right now with :
Youtube playback ,recording Zoom call ,toying around with FCPX and browsing.
The DisplayPort furthest away from the HDMI port should be working even without WhateverGreen.

Motherboard
ASUS Z390-I
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
5700xt nitro+
The DisplayPort furthest away from the HDMI port should be working even without WhateverGreen.
Oops sorry, i think the furthest away port is also HDMI port. okey i can confirm only two middle Displayport ports didn't works :
Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 01.27.08.png

hopefully this finally resolve the random KP that i got.
thx before

Motherboard
ASRock X99 Extreme6
CPU
E5-2690 v4
Graphics
Radeon VII
yeah that's your best bet then. :)

Motherboard
ASUS Z390-I
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
5700xt nitro+

Attachments

Motherboard
ASUS Z390-I
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
5700xt nitro+
Did you do the ACPI renames?
did you mean this orange box?

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 16.47.32.png

should i disable it it cloverconfig?

update for my build :
1. i leave it overnight yesterday and playing 10 hours loop of 1 youtube video
2. by the time i back to use it, the sound disappears, i have to plug and unplug my usb audio interface for the sound to come back. (focusrite 18i6) and this also happend before with another audio interface (zoom h6)
3. other than that i can say for my build:
imacpro1,1 smbios with igpu turn off in bios and without WhateverGreen are more stable system than imac19,1 with igpu turn on in bios and with WhateverGreen.