i5-10500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Don't think these will be on my Christmas wish list. Look well built, they should last. May sound great too. But who designed these ? Certainly not Jony Ive. The size, shape and colors just don't appeal to me at all. May be good for iPhone users that spend a lot of time in noisy environs. Looks to be another way Apple gets their product noticed because nothing else looks at all like it in the same product class.

1607439444727.png
1607439874370.png

1607439995490.png
Screen Shot 11.jpg

Last edited:
£549 in UK.
That's USD 731.47 at current rate.

Screenshot 2020-12-08 at 15.29.58.png

Last edited:
I'd heard there was a new product announcement due today...

Golly, that's expensive! Must be lot of wealthy people out there :eek:

Golly, that's expensive!
Headphones never have great resale value either. It's not like a $699 M1 Mac mini that you could use for a year or two and then resell to recoup most of the investment.

I used to own a pair of these studio monitors by Koss back in the day. Amazing build quality and they sounded great too. Amazon sells them for $99 so they don't empty your bank acct. either. When wearing these you don't need any active noise cancelling. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004Z7G9/?tag=tonymacx86com-20 I doubt that the build quality is as good as it was back in the 1970s when these were really popular.

Koss Pro-4AA Studio Quality​

1607440895403.png

Last edited:
I used to own a pair of these studio monitors by Koss back in the day. Amazing build quality and they sounded great too. Amazon sells them for $99 so they don't empty your bank acct. either. When wearing these you don't need any active noise cancelling. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004Z7G9/?tag=tonymacx86com-20 I doubt that the build quality is as good as it was back in the 1970s when these were really popular.

Koss Pro-4AA Studio Quality​

View attachment 500288
Like the SM 58 of Headphones.

And it's one thing selling such expensive headphones but you then have to supply them with the kind of audio quality they can do justice to. My experience with iTunes is that for the most part it just isn't there.

I agree also, that back in the day, we didn't need noise-cancelling technology. A good set of Koss or similar blocked it all out anyway!

but you then have to supply them with the kind of audio quality they can do justice to. My experience with iTunes is that for the most part it just isn't there.
MP3 files sound terrible on high quality headphones. These new Airpods will also need something better than AAC files as well. You'd need to rip your old CD collection to iTunes with Apple Lossless encoding to do these justice. Then you've got the huge file sizes to deal with.

MP3 files sound terrible on high quality headphones. These new Airpods will also need something better than AAC files as well. You'd need to rip your old CD collection to iTunes with Apple Lossless encoding to do these justice. Then you've got the huge file sizes to deal with.

Exactly. And as the tech world seems intent on depriving us of CD/DVD drives with which to rip our music, we are left with the few artists who actually care about their music and offer FLAC files. Trouble is, finding a good quality FLAC file player for Mac (I know, there probably is one).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back