Contribute
Register

NEW 889 LegacyHDA - Digital/Analog/Headphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having the same issue with the Intel DH57DD and 889. VoodooHDA.kext works (mostly) and leaving it with that as I've tried many combinations of the legacy889HDA HDAEnabler combo's combined with 10.6.2 rollback AppleHDA.

So far with Voodoo the audio loads up fine on 10.6.3.

Wasn't this previously an announcement? Why is it a normal post now? It's really helpful, and I think should remain up at the top. ;)

jimx86 said:
Wasn't this previously an announcement? Why is it a normal post now? It's really helpful, and I think should remain up at the top. ;)
It was prior to MultiBeast 2.0.0 when this was the only source for download. Now that it's included in MultiBeast it was demoted.

MacMan said:
It was prior to MultiBeast 2.0.0 when this was the only source for download. Now that it's included in MultiBeast it was demoted.

Cool, thanks for the info. MultiBeast just keeps getting better and better! Good job! :clap:

I get the same "Sound Assertion failed..." message as well. I have tried several times o get audio working on my X58A-UD3R but no luck.

I have added the DSDT,
Put legacy 889 into E/E
10.6.2 HDA into S/L/E
and
HDAEnabler for 889 into S/L/E

I have tried this several times by first deleting all the kexts and running Multibeast just to be sure. I have also tried booting with -f so as to rebuild my caches.

Could someone please help? I have spent many nights on this with no results.

Thanks

cdickinson66 said:
I get the same "Sound Assertion failed..." message as well. I have tried several times o get audio working on my X58A-UD3R but no luck.

I have added the DSDT,
Put legacy 889 into E/E
10.6.2 HDA into S/L/E
and
HDAEnabler for 889 into S/L/E

I have tried this several times by first deleting all the kexts and running Multibeast just to be sure. I have also tried booting with -f so as to rebuild my caches.

Could someone please help? I have spent many nights on this with no results.

Thanks
Are you using MultiBeast 2.0.4?

In previous versions of MultiBeast, HDAEnabler for the 889 was broken.

Thanks for the post.

I made the edits and compiled it.

After complining I end up with this inserted into the Device (HDEF) section below layout id.
Code:
 "layout-id", 
/**** Is ResourceTemplate, but EndTag not at buffer end ****/ Buffer (0x04)

Any significance?

rabbit

rabbit74 said:
Thanks for the post.

I made the edits and compiled it.

After complining I end up with this inserted into the Device (HDEF) section below layout id.
Code:
 "layout-id", 
/**** Is ResourceTemplate, but EndTag not at buffer end ****/ Buffer (0x04)

Any significance?

rabbit
No

Just wanted to say thanks again to Macman. The edits worked perfectly.

I am now down to 2 kexts in /e/e/

Thanks again.

r.

Is the problem regarding front panel mic already solved?
I hope there's a solution to this... I really wanted this to work.
Any updates for ALC889?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back