Contribute
Register

NEW 888b LegacyHDA - Digital/Analog/Headphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
boontok said:
I did #1, like you said, and here's what I get in console if I search for the term "HDA"

HDAEnabler: Copyright (c) 2008 by Kabyl...
> Shows that you already had HDAEnabler installed** (wow!)

Sound assertion "0 == pciVendorProductID" failed...
> ? Might be related to wrong version of DSDT (incorrect IDs)**
> ? Also seen when AppleHDA 10.6.3 is in /S/L/E, however I see you've rolled back to 10.6.2 already.

Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed...**
Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed...
> Indicates that irrespective of what you see in SystemProfiler, the driver failed to fully set everything up and create the Audio Engine, so you don't see any audio Inputs or Outputs in AMS & Audio Preferences

** These items kind of points to your /Extra folder, having perhaps got a bit mixed up!**

That'd be why it's very useful to do as MacMan suggests and list out your /Extra/Extensions folder.
You are probably going to have to delete items from it, perhaps also add/update items.

It may be easier ultimately to just delete the whole /Extra folder and re-run Multibeast selecting Gigbeast/UD2+SystemUtilities to get to a good known state (which should get you analog working given you have AppleHDA10.6.2 installed), from which you could re-apply the new DSDT and LegacyHDA from this thread to get analog+digital.

Hi Y'all. The contents of Extra/Extensions is:

fakesmc.kext
JMicron36xATA.kext
JMicron36xeSATA.kext
LegacyHDA.kext

The current LegacyHDA is the one that gives me a few analog outs. I have tried other, more current versions as well as the Legacy888bHDA and different DSDT's. I did as you said with deleting E/E and reinstalling with GigaBeast, but to no avail. I just can't seem to get that digital out to function at all. Thanks for all the help!

boontok said:
Hi Y'all. The contents of Extra/Extensions is:

fakesmc.kext
JMicron36xATA.kext
JMicron36xeSATA.kext
LegacyHDA.kext

The current LegacyHDA is the one that gives me a few analog outs. I have tried other, more current versions as well as the Legacy888bHDA and different DSDT's. I did as you said with deleting E/E and reinstalling with GigaBeast, but to no avail. I just can't seem to get that digital out to function at all. Thanks for all the help!
Then it sounds like you are using a version of MultiBeast <1.1.0. Any version of MultiBeast prior to 1.1.0 the DSDT will only work with LegacyHDA. MultiBeast 1.1.0 DSDT for you motherboard will only work with Legacy888bHDA.

You can delete LegacyHDA.kext and run MultiBeast 1.1.0 with the following options:

GigaBeast -> GA-P55M-UD2
System Utilities
Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Audio -> LegacyHDA -> Legacy888bHDA

That should do the trick.

You need to be using BIOS F8 or greater for Digital Audio to work.

MacMan said:
Then it sounds like you are using a version of MultiBeast <1.1.0. Any version of MultiBeast prior to 1.1.0 the DSDT will only work with LegacyHDA. MultiBeast 1.1.0 DSDT for you motherboard will only work with Legacy888bHDA.

You can delete LegacyHDA.kext and run MultiBeast 1.1.0 with the following options:

GigaBeast -> GA-P55M-UD2
System Utilities
Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Audio -> LegacyHDA -> Legacy888bHDA

That should do the trick.

You need to be using BIOS F8 or greater for Digital Audio to work.
I really wish I could say that worked, but it didn't... it's weird, I know! I've tried most every combination I could think of and these are my results. I do appreciate the help very much. Maybe I'm just stuck with this!

humph said:
What's funny is that HDAEnabler is not installed in either E/E or S/L/E. Where else could it be? Is it important in this instance?

boontok said:
humph said:
What's funny is that HDAEnabler is not installed in either E/E or S/L/E. Where else could it be? Is it important in this instance?
Did you rebuild caches using MultiBeast -> System Utilities after deleting?

When deleting a .kext you MUST update caches or the delete kext will still load.

MacMan said:
When deleting a .kext you MUST update caches or the delete kext will still load.
You better believe I did! I am as perplexed as you guys. I've tried all the basics and some more advanced measures, like editing my own DSDT. I just don't see it and am not sure what it is. I see that the sound driver failing to load, I just can't figure out why. I don't have any HDAEnabler and have searched my system for it, but it doesn't turn up, though the console shows it loading on startup. Y'all are great for helping me, but don't feel like it's your problem to fix... I was hoping someone had the same problem and was able to fix it. Thanks.

MacMan said:
Download and run this tool http://pagesperso-orange.fr/joel.barriere/dl/106/Maintenance.dmg

When you run it make sure you check delete all caches and reboot.
Dang, I was really hoping that would work. Here's my console now after running Maintenance:
Code:
5/18/10 12:13:24 AM	kernel	HDAEnabler: Copyright (c) 2008 by Kabyl
5/18/10 12:13:24 AM	kernel	HDAEnabler: 05/05/2008 Added SP-Audio support by Taruga
5/18/10 12:13:24 AM	kernel	HDAEnabler: 03/07/2009 Compiled for 32/64-bit by Taruga
5/18/10 12:13:32 AM	kernel	Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1656 goto Exit
5/18/10 12:13:32 AM	kernel	Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 203 goto Exit
5/18/10 12:13:32 AM	kernel	Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1656 goto Exit
5/18/10 12:13:32 AM	kernel	Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 203 goto Exit
5/18/10 12:13:32 AM	kernel	Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1656 goto ExitDSMOS has arrived
5/18/10 12:13:32 AM	kernel	Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 203 goto Exitcom_chucko_RealtekR1000: Ethernet address 00:14:d1:1a:0f:18
I found the reference to HDAEnabler that console is showing – it's a kext inside AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E (it's in the PlugIns folder). Hoboy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back