Contribute
Register

NEW 888b LegacyHDA - Digital/Analog/Headphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
n0dder said:
Is it realistic to hope for audio out via HDMI on my 9400GT/GA-P55M-UD2 to work - or am I beeing too optimistic ?

See this, seems poss on recent nVidia cards: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140941&st=740&p=1448833&#entry1448833

If your card does not have built-in HDMI, then it'll probably have a pass-through, means connect SPDIF out from MB header to the digital audio input connector on the GFX card.

P.S. Sorry to sort of hijack this thread, guess should start a new one for HDMI...

I used your method from the start, and I also tried Gigabeast from MultiBeast 1.1.0. I don't have any audio after this. My audio is listed in System Profiler, but no devices show up in Audio MIDI Setup. Before this I have only been able to get a stereo output and that's it. I really want to hook up all my inputs to my digital receiver. Thanks!

Attachments

• asp.png
    asp.png
    73 KB · Views: 192
  • audio.png
    audio.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 174
boontok said:
I used your method from the start, and I also tried Gigabeast from MultiBeast 1.1.0. I don't have any audio after this. My audio is listed in System Profiler, but no devices show up in Audio MIDI Setup. Before this I have only been able to get a stereo output and that's it. I really want to hook up all my inputs to my digital receiver. Thanks!

Make sure you're on bios F8 or later, and if you're in 10.6.3, you'll need the 10.6.2 AppleHDA. Good luck!

tonymacx86 said:
Make sure you're on bios F8 or later, and if you're in 10.6.3, you'll need the 10.6.2 AppleHDA. Good luck!

Thank you for your reply. I've got F8 for sure and I'm on 10.6.2. I've rebuild with Kext Utility as well as the System Utilities in MultiBeast. I can get analog audio working with other LegacyHDA's, but never digital out.

Also, should I rename Legacy888bHDA.kext to LegacyHDA.kext? I've tried both, but I just want to know the proper way. Oh, on top of that, my sleep does not function, either with the DSDL or with the one from GigaBeast.

You are a great help.

The LegacyHDA kext name doesn't matter. What does matter is that you must use the latest DSDT for you motherboard in MultiBeast for Legacy888bHDA.kext to work.

In MultiBeast 1.1.0 we went to a new Legacy888bHDA.kext and we modified the DSDT for the P55M-UD2 to match it. The old LegacyHDA.kext for the 888b will only work with previous versions of MultiBeast.

MacMan said:
The LegacyHDA kext name doesn't matter. What does matter is that you must use the latest DSDT for you motherboard in MultiBeast for Legacy888bHDA.kext to work.

In MultiBeast 1.1.0 we went to a new Legacy888bHDA.kext and we modified the DSDT for the P55M-UD2 to match it. The old LegacyHDA.kext for the 888b will only work with previous versions of MultiBeast.
I tried using both the DSDT & kext from this topic as well as running the new MultiBeast for my MoBo and both give me the same results; the audio shows up in System Profiler, but not in AMS or Sound Preferences. The most I have been able to get is my analog outs, but not the digital S/PDIF. It seems to work for everyone else but me.

I double-checked my BIOS settings too. Thanks.

boontok said:
I tried using both the DSDT & kext from this topic as well as running the new MultiBeast for my MoBo and both give me the same results; the audio shows up in System Profiler, but not in AMS or Sound Preferences. The most I have been able to get is my analog outs, but not the digital S/PDIF. It seems to work for everyone else but me.

I double-checked my BIOS settings too. Thanks.

I got a few ideas that might (or might not !) help:

1) Install (using Multibeast Advanced Options>kexts>audio>HDAEnaber>ALC888b) the HDAEnabler. Whilst this should not be (is not) necessary if DSDT is all OK, it might get around any problem related to DSDT; at least it'd take away an uncertainty. Also select SystemUtilities on Multibeast to get caches rebuilt.

2) Check in kernel log (Utilites, Console App) for all errors or comments related to audio, might shed some light, or prompt other ideas from others seeing them.

3) If you have the opportunity to boot Win XP or even Ubuntu Live CD and check audio, that might be worthwhile just to rule out any rare MB hardware faults. As with the right DSDT, LegacyHDA, BIOS+settings it should "just work" on 10.6.2 on UD2.

humph said:
I got a few ideas that might (or might not !) help:

1) Install (using Multibeast Advanced Options>kexts>audio>HDAEnaber>ALC888b) the HDAEnabler. Whilst this should not be (is not) necessary if DSDT is all OK, it might get around any problem related to DSDT; at least it'd take away an uncertainty. Also select SystemUtilities on Multibeast to get caches rebuilt.

2) Check in kernel log (Utilites, Console App) for all errors or comments related to audio, might shed some light, or prompt other ideas from others seeing them.

3) If you have the opportunity to boot Win XP or even Ubuntu Live CD and check audio, that might be worthwhile just to rule out any rare MB hardware faults. As with the right DSDT, LegacyHDA, BIOS+settings it should "just work" on 10.6.2 on UD2.
I did #1, like you said, and here's what I get in console if I search for the term "HDA":
Code:
5/15/10 9:37:52 PM	kernel	HDAEnabler: Copyright (c) 2008 by Kabyl
5/15/10 9:37:52 PM	kernel	HDAEnabler: 05/05/2008 Added SP-Audio support by Taruga
5/15/10 9:37:52 PM	kernel	HDAEnabler: 03/07/2009 Compiled for 32/64-bit by Taruga
5/15/10 9:37:52 PM	kernel	Sound assertion "0 == pciVendorProductID" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 2682 goto ExitJMicronATA: JMB363 (CMD 0xcf00, CTR 0xce00, IRQ 17, BM 0xcb00)
5/15/10 9:37:52 PM	kernel	Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2/AppleAHCI/PRT0@0/IOAHCIDevice@0/AppleAHCIDiskDriver/IOAHCIBlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/ST3500630AS Media/IOGUIDPartitionScheme/hackintosh@2Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1656 goto Exit
5/15/10 9:37:52 PM	kernel	Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 203 goto Exit
Hmmmmm. I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back