Contribute
Register

NEW 888b LegacyHDA - Digital/Analog/Headphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lerxst said:
I seem to have lost my audio too. Was working fine in 10.6.3.

I tried the legacy rollback in Multibeast (with system utilities) without success.

I'm wondering if I need to clear out some old kexts.

See pic for system profiler info.
Did you ever install VoodooHDA? It will be in /System/Library/Extensions.

tonymacx86 said:
Lerxst said:
I seem to have lost my audio too. Was working fine in 10.6.3.

I tried the legacy rollback in Multibeast (with system utilities) without success.

I'm wondering if I need to clear out some old kexts.

See pic for system profiler info.

You should be seeing 887 in there- try the latest BIOS version and DSDT for your board. :)

Oh right you are :eek: ....I think my bios are F9 now.

My board is the same as yours Tony just the Core i7 instead

Do I need to "undo" my buggered installation of the 888 audio kext?

I've been out of town for a few days and now I'm back on this problem. What do I need to throw away from the S>L.>E folder before I install the 887b audio kext?

I'm guessing here but it occures to me that I would need to delete any 888 audio kexts from the S>L>E folder.

Rerun the 10.6.4 updater

Update the bios for F10

Then install the 887b audio kext, the UD2 DSDT and the System utilities.

Sound right?

Lerxst said:
I'm guessing here but it occures to me that I would need to delete any 888 audio kexts from the S>L>E folder.

Rerun the 10.6.4 updater

Update the bios for F10

Sound right?

You shouldn't have any audio-chip related kexts in S/L/E just the 10.6.2 version of the AppleHDA (from Multibeast, after the 10.6.4 update).
In E/E the only audio related kext should be the Legacy888bHDA.kext (installed via Multibeast with the related DSDT edit), if you're not using a DSDT, then there also has to be the matching HDAEnabler.

arw said:
Lerxst said:

Rerun the 10.6.4 updater

Update the bios for F10

Sound right?

You shouldn't have any audio-chip related kexts in S/L/E just the 10.6.2 version of the AppleHDA (from Multibeast, after the 10.6.4 update).
In E/E the only audio related kext should be the Legacy888bHDA.kext (installed via Multibeast with the related DSDT edit), if you're not using a DSDT, then there also has to be the matching HDAEnabler.
The only audio kexts in /S/L/E are AppleHDA, HDAEnabler and VoodooHDA.

Remember I messed this up by installing the 888b audio kexts in the first place. So I'm trying to undo that in 10.6.4.

I have updated the bios to F10 for my UD2 board.

In the S>L>E folder I have HDAenabler.kext and AppleHDA.kext

In the E>E folder I have Legacy888bHDA.kext and LegacyHDA.kext

Maybe thats the problem?

I also downloaded the latest DSDT for my UD2 board and replaced the older one in the extras folder.

Lerxst said:
Remember I messed this up by installing the 888b audio kexts in the first place. So I'm trying to undo that in 10.6.4.

I have updated the bios to F10 for my UD2 board.

In the S>L>E folder I have HDAenabler.kext and AppleHDA.kext

In the E>E folder I have Legacy888bHDA.kext and LegacyHDA.kext

Maybe thats the problem?

I also downloaded the latest DSDT for my UD2 board and replaced the older one in the extras folder.
Delete in /S/L/E/HDAenabler.kext and in /E/E/LegacyHDA.kext. Then in MultiBeast install Legacy888bHDA.kext with System Utilities.

I actually got it to work by deleting 888b kext from the E>E folder and rebooting.

Is your suggestion a better / preferred way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back