iTunes: stereo PCM
XBMC: ac3 & DTS pass-through
Thanks guys for the constant development/improvement :thumbup:

arw said:
Confirming, optical is working fine.
iTunes: stereo PCM
XBMC: ac3 & DTS pass-through
Thanks guys for the constant development/improvement :thumbup:

Wow- great to wake up to this. ;) Thanks for testing!!

NP, but I just noticed, USB isn't working after sleep. So here's an edited DSDT for those with fitting hardware (GA-P55M-UD2) with:
- the new HDEF section
- IntelSpeedstep for i5
- DTGP & UHCI/EHCI fix

I made no changes in the DSDT for my GTX260, it works with GraphicsEnabler = Yes

Attachments

• DSDT_P55M-UD2_i5.SpeedStep_USB_analog&digital.aml
    19 KB · Views: 59
arw said:
NP, but I just noticed, USB isn't working after sleep. So here's an edited DSDT for those with fitting hardware (GA-P55M-UD2) with:
- the new HDEF section
- IntelSpeedstep for i5
- DTGP & UHCI/EHCI fix

I made no changes in the DSDT for my GTX260, it works with GraphicsEnabler = Yes

Thanks for the update- I've made this the default in the first post. Didn't realize my 9400GT info was still in there oops!

So, just to confirm, on 10.6.3, you don't get any USB issues upon wake from sleep? Are you using the default IOUSBFamily.kext?

tonymacx86 said:
Thanks for the update- I've made this the default in the first post. Didn't realize my 9400GT info was still in there oops!

So, just to confirm, on 10.6.3, you don't get any USB issues upon wake from sleep? Are you using the default IOUSBFamily.kext?

Exactly, as far as I can tell, USB is working perfectly after several sleeps. I use the edited DSDT with unaltered 10.6.3 kexts, only the AppleHDA is from 10.6.2.
Wake by keyboard is working fine, MagicMouse needs 2 seconds to reconnect.

arw said:
tonymacx86 said:

Exactly, as far as I can tell, USB is working perfectly after several sleeps. I use the edited DSDT with unaltered 10.6.3 kexts, only the AppleHDA is from 10.6.2.
Wake by keyboard is working fine, MagicMouse needs 2 seconds to reconnect.

Are your devices both bluetooth? And are you using a powered hub? If so, can you test with direct plugging to mobo? Thanks.

Just tried it with a fresh 10.6.3- and still get no USB upon wake- have to re-plug the device in order to function. :geek:

"...the red light is coming on in the back when hitting digital- and playing music..."

If you wouldn't have mentioned this, I might never have noticed :lol: it works!
I can only test stereo digital. And I also still get errors when booting.

rindert said:
And I also still get errors when booting.
Did you download the updated version? The original version had an error that would cause assertion errors.

tonymacx86 said:
Are your devices both bluetooth? And are you using a powered hub? If so, can you test with direct plugging to mobo? Thanks.

Just tried it with a fresh 10.6.3- and still get no USB upon wake- have to re-plug the device in order to function. :geek:

I have a wired Apple keyboard and the MagicMouse.
Problem with the mouse: My Bluetooth Dongle has to be off-voltage when in sleep to work after wake-up, but the new GB-boards don't power-off the USB ports.

So my setup:
PC
-> YELLOW USB-Port
-> 5m USB -> active (or passive) Hub
-> Keyboard & other stuff
As long as the keyboard is plugged in a yellow port, wake-up works (with or w/o a hub), otherwise not.

now the tricky part to power off the bluetooth in sleep (only needed for my specific stick):
PC
-> onboard-USB ports without power pins plugged
+ 5V power from a Molex-jack via adapter (no power in sleep)
-> custom build USB-Port
-> 5m USB
-> passive Hub (!!!!)
-> Bluetooth-Stick
without the passive hub, my PC instantly wakes up after putting it to sleep

If there is any interest, I can describe it in detail.
I hope this helps, it's kinda lame to have 2 USB-wires going to the desktop, but I found no other way to have a instantly working magic mouse after sleep and wake it via keyboard. I am happy about other solutions.

Oh and btw, yes, I tried a PCI-2-USB card for the bluetooth issue and it worked, but my graphics with heat sink bolt both PCI slots.

I've got Apple USB kbd on (any, AFAIK, not really tested all ports..but certainly not needing to be only on Yellow), with USB BT dongle on kbd USB extension socket, and magic mouse.
Sleeps OK, but mouse can't wake up, have to hit kbd button.
During sleep, BT dongle flashes it's light, so it's still powered.
Previously, I had it such that mouse could wake up (via BT), that was on 10.6.2 and also prior to some other DSDT messing around that I did not document much...so can't recall what I might be able to do or undo, to get wake on BT mouse again (if it's even poss on 10.6.3).
I've lost the "BT supports wake" notification, so that explains why mouse can no longer wake the machine.
(Actually, might have been related to messing with BT kext/device ID inject, that I removed as causing other problems with BT stability)
Anyway, point is yes, I concur that it's poss to get reasonable sleep/wake w/o needing to mod the USB kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back