Contribute
Register

New 24" M1 iMacs come in 7 Colors / Orders starting on April 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could go for a 32 core GPU Mac mini. That’s like a PC with a Navi 10 but only the size of a sandwich!
If this does happen, some 16 years after I bought a single core 1.25GHz G4 Mac mini with 32MB of vram, I'd say that the mini is no longer the Mac "wimpy." It would be the "Mighty Mouse" of desktop Macs.

1622667161503.png

Another MP M1x speculation.
Not impressed with the design. It looks like a WiFi router.

https://9to5mac.com/2021/06/02/apple-silicon-mac-pro-concept/Apple Silicon Mac Pro concept imagines open-air expansion slots
Is there much likelihood of new mac pro's having expansion slots or will everything go thru ports? I suspect the big surprise of the new Macs will be that apart from ports and more threads they will perform very similarly to the current M1's for the majority of their users.

Is there much likelihood of new mac pro's having expansion slots or will everything go thru ports? I suspect the big surprise of the new Macs will be that apart from ports and more threads they will perform very similarly to the current M1's for the majority of their users.
I hope they are working on PCIe slot compatibility or at least thunderbolt comp for expanded graphics and other devices. The Navi 30 series should be monsters it would be a shame if they can’t be used with the new M1x or M2.

I'd bet a penny on there being nothing like a pci slot (PCI4 16Gbps) on any of the new macs and instead they'll limit expansion only thru the thunderbolt ports (TB3 40Gbps) but surely they will allow for standard memory modules and internal ssd's, surely?

What's wrong with this picture ?

Screen Shot 3.jpg

It makes "my brain hurt" as they used to say on the Monty Python show. This is Youtuber Luke Miani who covers Apple exclusively. See the pale green iMac with purple Monterey Wallpaper. The bizarre background wallpaper on the wall. The checkerboard shirt Luke is wearing. May have to call the YT police and have Luke de-monetized for this severe color and pattern clashing going on here.

What's wrong with this picture ?

View attachment 521215
It makes "my brain hurt" as they used to say on the Monty Python show. This is Youtuber Luke Miani who covers Apple exclusively. See the pale green iMac with purple Monterey Wallpaper. The bizarre background wallpaper on the wall. The checkerboard shirt Luke is wearing. May have to call the YT police and have Luke de-monetized for this severe color and pattern clashing going on here.

That desk is simply to tidy!, straight out of a photo book, ugh!.

That desk is simply too tidy! Straight out of a photo book, ugh!.
Luke does tend to be a "neat freak". Watch some of his videos about cleaning and repairing old Macs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back