Contribute
Register

New 24" M1 iMacs come in 7 Colors / Orders starting on April 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were to buy one, what would your choice be ? One of the 6 colors or traditional silver, plain anodized AL ?

Probably silver. But blue would be bearable. Just not keen on a white bezel and would have to get black frame sticker.

Just been checking the specs for the new 24" iMacs on the Apple store. Prices are high. The basic model has 8CPU cores but only 7GPU cores. You pay another couple of hundred dollars/pounds for the 8GPU version. This is before you consider 200 for an extra 8GB RAM or 200 for an extra 256GB SSD.

Considering the Mac Mini M1 has 8+8 cores and is quite affordable even compared with previous Mac Minis, these new iMacs are quite a hike in price.

Also it will be interesting to see how many of the iMac colours are available on after-market accessories like their keyboards, mice and trackpads. It would be expensive for Apple to keep stocks of all colours, especially if certain ones are not popular.

iMac OR Mac-Mini and £750 to spend on monitor, keyboard and mouse?
Fairly sure which way a poll on here would go. But purple.

iMac OR Mac-Mini and £750 to spend on monitor, keyboard and mouse?
Fairly sure which way a poll on here would go. But purple.

Good point.:thumbup:

With the Mac Mini M1 you have a choice.

What's more - whether it would be any use I'm not sure - but at least you can open up the Mac Mini M1 if you want to.

I think the right choice for a lot more people than previously will be the Air. Its a laptop that costs £300 more than the mini but can act just like it - If you need a laptop and desktop the Air is one.

I think the right choice for a lot more people than previously will be the Air. Its a laptop that costs £300 more than the mini but can act just like it - If you need a laptop and desktop the Air is one.
Completely agree!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back