Contribute
Register

New 24" M1 iMacs come in 7 Colors / Orders starting on April 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a logic board for the 2012 Macbook Air. Looks an awful lot like the new M1 logic board in the iMac 24". I'm sure that the MBA logic boards were the inspiration for the new iMacs. Everything soldered to the board.

View attachment 518674

View attachment 518675

The following two connectors look similar to what Apple used for SSDs.

1621101037176.png

Here's some of the first review videos on YT. Enjoy !

Last edited:
If you want to choose from all the various YT reviewers here's the link.

iJustine the huge Apple fangirl, is just head over heels in love with these as I would have guessed. She got one of every color from Apple. Kind of a light and fluffy, cotton candy, teenage girl type of review. She is 37 y.o. BTW.

Warning: the following content may cause headaches, nausea and vomiting.

OMG ! Look at all the pretty colors. If I did buy one with color, the purple looks best to me. Silver with black bezel tape applied would be my #1 choice.

Screen Shot 2.jpg

Last edited:
Here's an interesting spec I didn't know. A 143W external PSU. I guess the 4.5K display needs more power. The M1 Mac mini hardly uses more than 36W of power max. It may also be that they will use the same external PSU with ethernet for the base model 30" iMacs that have not been announced yet. There may be an upgrade to 10Gb ethernet on those new iMacs.

Screen Shot 2.jpg

haha now they are going with different colors!!! I find it laughable how Apple tries their best to attract business. Like the color of the iMacs will help them run better.

haha now they are going with different colors!!! I find it laughable how Apple tries their best to attract business. Like the color of the iMacs will help them run better.

Keeping them boring looking would improve performance?

now they are going with different colors!!!
If you were around in 1998 you'd know this is nothing new. The G3 iMacs are what saved Apple from bankruptcy back then. They took a chance with colorful computers that no one had ever seen before. Most every computer sold back then was a beige box. If they hadn't done this we may have never gotten great products like the iPhone and iPad. Your only OS choices now would be Windows 10 or some flavor of Linux. Going with different colors back in 1998 was the start of Apple's corporate turnaround and they see that as a very important point in the company history. These new iMacs will be honoring the iMac legacy.

1621514302725.png

One look and you know this is an iMac made by Apple. How many other computers can say the same thing ?
Dells, Lenovos, HPs tend to all look pretty similar today. These new iMacs are a refresh of the original PowerPC G3 iMacs.
A lot has changed in the past 23 years and I think they've got another winning product. We'll see how it sells.

1621515070966.png

Last edited:
Just finished watching this lady's video. I only managed the first four minutes previously. It does get better. Somewhat.

But for sure you can see the attraction of the different colours for some buyers right there. These computers aren't aimed at pro's though it's clear they can handle HQ video editing. It's about where they will go and what they will fit in with.

I note the OWC external Thunderbolt drive. With such a lack of upgradability these iMacs are going to need these for storage - and the OS when the onboard SSDs start to hit their TBW.

But for sure you can see the attraction of the different colours for some buyers right there.
If you were to buy one, what would your choice be ? One of the 6 colors or traditional silver, plain anodized AL ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back