i5-10500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Would you buy one of the new colors or stay with the classic look Silver ?

1618941057251.png

Screen Shot 27.jpg

Screen Shot 26.jpg

Screen Shot 18.jpg

Screen Shot 10.jpg

Last edited:
The new iMac has a 24-inch, 4.5K display with narrower borders around most edges. It still has a large chin on the bottom, but the rear of the display is now flat instead of curved — Apple says the volume has been reduced by over 50 percent. The screen also has Apple’s True Tone tech for automatically adjusting the color temperature.

Apple is also promising a much-needed update to the iMac’s camera and mics so that you’ll look better on video calls. It now has a 1080p resolution and a larger sensor.

The new iMac is 11.5mm thin, but Apple says it should still stay quieter and cooler than the previous model thanks to the M1 chip. The new model has “two small fans” replacing the “bulky thermal system” of the previous generation iMac, the company says.

There’s also a new magnetic power cable — it sounds a lot like the old MagSafe cable — that attaches to the back. Ethernet can be connected to the power brick and delivered through the same cable. The back of the machine four USB-C ports on the higher end model, two of which will support Thunderbolt. The base model has 8GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD.

Alongside the new iMac, Apple is also introducing a new keyboard, mouse, and trackpad with colors to match. The keyboard has a Touch ID button for logging in.

It starts at $1,299, though some of the colors are reserved for the $1,499 model. It’ll be available in the second half of May, with orders starting April 30th.

Thing that I find the most unappealing to the eye is the white border around the front of the monitor. I'm so used to black that this would be a major adjustment to get used to.

These are the only two colors that I would choose. Yellow, red, green and orange or purple just don't look appealing to me for an iMac sitting on my desk. Fine for fruits and vegetables but not computers. Everything new takes getting used to, I guess.

1618941493240.jpeg
1618942208665.png

Last edited:
Thing that I find the most unappealing to the eye is the white border around the front of the monitor. I'm so used to black that this would be a major adjustment to get used to.
I like the grey or space grey, the other colours don't really do it for me.. personal preference I suppose :)

Prices.....

Screen Shot 25.jpg

Not sure why the $1,299 model even exists. Losing two USB 3 ports, an ethernet port and one GPU core reduces your cost by $200 ? Makes no sense to me other than it's just a way for Apple to bin the GPUs and use up the ones that didn't turn out well in the TSMC foundry. Maybe the $1,299 models are intended for schools and libraries that will connect every iMac to Wifi instead of ethernet. When they buy these in larger numbers the cost savings really add up. Almost forgot, no touch ID included with the lower end model's magic keyboard, which you wouldn't be using in a school environment with many different users. How would you secure these thin and light iMacs so they won't be stolen ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back