Contribute
Register

NeverAgain - h77n-wifi - i5-3475s - hd 4000 - 16GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks will do. Unfortunately I reformatted my bootable thumbdrive and didn't make a copy. I'm in the process of creating a new bootable thumbdrive with unibeast and keep getting prompted with this error. The Mountain Lion installer is in the applications folder but i can't manage to install unibeast to my thumbdrive. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I apologize for the dumb questions.

Screen Shot 2013-05-17 at 11.38.40 PM.png

Similar question for z87n-Wifi. USB 3.0 ports works great as USB 2.0 ports...

Hi Bfreek,
I hope you are still around.

Could you tell me about your SG08, please.
How noisy is it with your config?
Is it a silent hackintosh that you have?

thanks

(I'm starting to look at a small case, maybe SG06, but I'm afraid of the noise.)
http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/115911-best-silent-small-itx-case-basic-customac-mini.html

sorry. i guess i am too late.

anyway, the sg08 with my configuration (cpu fan + case fan) emits some well noticeable air flow. around 30-35 decibel, i guess.
very rarely the bundled case fan makes some ugly grinding noise. i then leave it running, remove the top case and dust filter and halt it manually only to let it go again. this helps.

for me a pc is silent when it's an apple machine. the main issue is the big fan of the case. i think i could easily disconnect it and only run with the cpu fan (which really is quiet).
but in general, this hackmac is nowhere near the inaudible noise level (or silence level, rather) of original apple products.
that's why i'm hesitant putting in a dedicated graphics card.

the physical footprint is like 10 times a mac mini. quite huge.

if you want a real near-silent machine: go for a (ultra) low voltage i3, put in some special fan control, no dedicated graphics card and a closed case with carefully laid out air vents to keep most noise inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back