Contribute
Register

NeverAgain - h77n-wifi - i5-3475s - hd 4000 - 16GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES!! This is the closest I have ever gotten!

I have the same problem with the keyboard not working until I re-plug it in again.

BUT:I have done a command in terminal to unhide all files and when i navigate to /Library/preferences/, com.apple.keyboardtype.plist is missing!

Please help as this is the closest I have gotten to fixing my Sleep/Wake issue.

PleaseSleep is NOT an option!:lol:

the problem of having to replug the keyboard appears to having to do with the technical details of the device itself since i don't have that problem with another keyboard.

regarding sleep issue:
well, my system does not go to sleep again. i don't know what to make of this crap. giving up.

I have the same exact build as your hardware listed above and my hackintosh was running fine for the first month. Now when I try and start-up my machine it won't get passed the grey apple icon. Any idea how to trouble shoot, or do I need to reinstall osx and multi beast ?

I have the same exact build as your hardware listed above and my hackintosh was running fine for the first month. Now when I try and start-up my machine it won't get passed the grey apple icon. Any idea how to trouble shoot, or do I need to reinstall osx and multi beast ?

put your unibeast usb stick back in and boot from it.
when reaching the chimera/chameleon boot prompt select the hard drive on which your os x is installed and press enter to boot.
if this works, your boot manager is corrupted. in that case simply try to install chimera from multibeast again.

if any of the above will not work, i do not have another suggestion than to reinstall os x.
to avoid such annoyances i'd recommend cloning your installation to a spare drive using super duper or carbon copy cloner. for further instructions on this process search the forum or wiki or blog.

btw have you tried HDMI audio on yours? i never succeeded in getting it to work on my H61n-usb3 which kinda make it pointless as my HTPC...and one of the reasons, why, like you, i kept telling myself "never again". Even now, as tempted as I am by the h77n customac mini idea, i keep thinking about how much time it took to figure everything out and wishing I could have some of that time back to do more constructive things.

I was able to reinstall and get my machine back up and running. Unfortunately, today I accidentally bumped my power strip and abruptly shut down my machine. Now when I try to boot up, it makes it up to the login window but the screen remains gray and never prompts me to enter my password. Any ideas how to fix?

I was able to reinstall and get my machine back up and running. Unfortunately, today I accidentally bumped my power strip and abruptly shut down my machine. Now when I try to boot up, it makes it up to the login window but the screen remains gray and never prompts me to enter my password. Any ideas how to fix?

no, not really. repair installation via os x installer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back