Contribute
Register

Network RTL 8111 don't work. Any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that makes the idea that having (only) built-in AirPort only works with MacBookAir profiles is myth. Could be because the device is recognized as genuine AirPort (eg. would not be the case with some BCM cards).

Good to know...

Probably because new MacBook Pros do not have built in Ethernet.

Hi Everyone! Sorry to bump old thread. I have similar problem.
I have corei5 + rtl8111/8168.

I installed sierra with unibeast and network worked out of the box. When I installed multibeast for other drivers (no any additional network drivers), installed clover to hdd, enabled my GTX285 by replacing kexts, I lost my ethernet. It was listed as 'cable not connected', but if you remove the device, you can't add it back, no such. ifconfig -a also don't show it. So it just don't see it at all.

Tried to install realtek8111 driver from last multibeast - not helped.

The card is 100% working on linux live cd.
Please help

Hi Everyone! Sorry to bump old thread. I have similar problem.
I have corei5 + rtl8111/8168.

I installed sierra with unibeast and network worked out of the box. When I installed multibeast for other drivers (no any additional network drivers), installed clover to hdd, enabled my GTX285 by replacing kexts, I lost my ethernet. It was listed as 'cable not connected', but if you remove the device, you can't add it back, no such. ifconfig -a also don't show it. So it just don't see it at all.

Tried to install realtek8111 driver from last multibeast - not helped.

The card is 100% working on linux live cd.
Please help

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back