Graphics
R9 290X
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Everytime my hackintosh sleeps, it changes the IP address on the network. And when I tried to put it manually using correct address and stuff still not working even though I got the correct IP. I had to restart the computer which is kinda annoying. I never had this problem before.. Anyone knows how to fix this??

That doesn't necessarily sound like an OS X problem. If you hardcode the IP settings in the Network control panel, they shouldn't ever change. If you receive them from a DHCP server, then it sounds like a problem where the DHCP server is giving your machine different settings every time it asks.

If you want to hardcode the settings, go to Apple Menu / System Preferences / Network / Ethernet. Then under Configure IPv4 select Manually. Put in the settings and hit Apply. But be sure to specify an IP address that your router isn't going to give out to a different device. If you need to specify a different DNS server, you can do it under Advanced / DNS.

Depending on your router, there may also be a way to specify that your computer should get a reserved IP address, which is to say, get the same one every time. That would depend on your router, though, and I can't help you with that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back