Nvidia GeForce 240GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I noticed that the computer freezes at high outgoing traffic, for example then I use ut*****t (or copy film by LAN), and outgoing traffic more then 500Kb/s. I can switch between programs, but can't use those, and can't kill any process or reboot Mac OS by menu. Helps only hard reset.
If I haven't any high outgoing traffic, everything works fine.
Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

Gigabyte H55m-ud2h, Core i3 550, GeForce GT240
MultiBeast 4.0.2 DSDT
Last Lnx2Mac driver for nic

Last edited by a moderator:
eakukin said:
Hello,
I noticed that the computer freezes at high outgoing traffic, for example then I use ut*****t (or copy film by LAN), and outgoing traffic more then 500Kb/s. I can switch between programs, but can't use those, and can't kill any process or reboot Mac OS by menu. Helps only hard reset.
If I haven't any high outgoing traffic, everything works fine.
Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

Gigabyte H55m-ud2h, Core i3 550, GeForce GT240
MultiBeast 4.0.2 DSDT
Last Lnx2Mac driver for nic
eakukin,
I've tested high throughput with netperf... And achieved over 800Mbps on full-duplex...

However, if using t*****t, this might lead to lots (hundreds ?) of connections, which might trigger the problem.

I'll try to reproduce it here.
Also, could you rerun your test scenario, while having another machine ping your H55M ?
I wonder if it keeps replying to your pings when it hangs.

Thanks

I'm getting same issue. KP with both ut*****t and transmission. Using official Realtek drivers from Multibeast lion edition (i'm on lion). I will try uninstall the official package and use the lnx2mac modified driver.

*update* My lion seems happy with the lnx2mac modified driver! Thank you so much!!

I had the same problem with my Realtek 8139 based card. Under heavy traffic (t*****ts specifically), the connection would drop requiring a reboot. Since the 8139 wasn't supported in lnx2mac's driver I was stuck. Finally switched to an 8169 based card, which also is not supported by his driver, but I was able to use the DP1 Lion kexts and it works.

I seem to remember having this problem back in 2007 when I built a hackintosh also. At the time I was using a DFE 530TX+ (don't remember chipset), and it did the exact same thing.

So yes, it is a common problem. I suspect there's a feature in common that's broken, but I am not knowledgeable to say what. Glad the lnx2mac driver fixes it...

For future reference, it would be nice if someone had a list of cards with vanilla Lion support and no bugs/issues that people could buy from..

I have this issue several times. Taking a look to the log files I found out, that sometimes the network kext wasn't installed properly (you can see if this is the case, because the systems tries to redirect the network traffic to another device like for example bluetooth, doing this, sooner or later, the kernel panics).
If you have this special case, just reinstall the kext, and everything should be okay.

For the cases of incompatibility, well I'm afraid nothing else will help, but to buy a compatible card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back