Graphics
AMD Radeon
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, have Yosemite running flawless except for three issues.

1. iMessage, waiting for a NVRam fix.
2. Handoff, waiting on my new airport card

AND

3. Netflix!!!!!!!!

Yosemite and the new Safari support playback over HTML5. Previously Netflix used Silverlight, which sucks.
I understand this new HTML5 playback requires Sandy Bridge, so most post 2011 Macs support it.

On my hack I have everything running great with a MacPro 3,1 smbios, which of course is recognized as Mid 2008

Is there any way to trick Safari/Netflix into allowing HTML5 playback? I know my system would support it.

Same problem here.
I got a system with a iMac12,1 (mid 2011) configuration.
My CPU is a 3770k so it should support the HTML5 feature?

I have read that the HTML5 feature is disabled if there is more than one display connected. Could it be, that this is some kind of weird copyright feature that could appear on a real Mac as well?

Update: HTML5 works fine in Chrome

Running into issue with Netflix on my GA-Z77X-UD5H with 10.10- looks like it may be related to monitor:

Attachments

• Netflix.tiff
    43.5 KB · Views: 246
Update: HTML5 works fine in Chrome

Works in chrome for me as well. I still hope somebody finds a way to get it working in a Safari. Currently I use the new Safari 99% of the time.

Running into issue with Netflix on my GA-Z77X-UD5H with 10.10- looks like it may be related to monitor:

I've got the same mainboard with a 660ti and three displays connected - works in chrome - doesn't work in safari

same here html5 not working for Netflix. seems ok in Youtube though. For whatever reason netflix keeps on prompting to install silverlight. This sucks because I want to use picture in picture with the pidepier extension from GitHub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back