Contribute
Register

neilhart's Prodigy "The White One" - mATX in an ITX case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi neil,

I've read on one of your posts that you switch some of your machines to clover, can you post a guide for Asus p8z77-m pro, ? have to patch the bios in order to boot?

Thanks in advance

My ASUS P8Z77M-Pro motherboard in now in the "System on Slides" [SOS] and as I recall I did patch the BIOS using the PMPatch application in a DOS command window. Once the patch is in place you can run the TonyMacX86 tool set for Mt. Lion, Mavericks and Yosemite.

I will fire up the SOS later and see what is on it as I don't recall at the moment.

While I have Yosemite running on several machines, my preference is Mavericks 10.9.5 for the time being for real work. What version of OS X are you intending to run? And why Clover?

Good modding,
neil

Okay my system has both Yosimite 10.10 and Mavericks 10.9.5 bootable partitions. The patched BIOS is version 1504. The current BIOS on the ASUS support pages is version 2105.

This system is using Chimera to boot and the installations were by the Unibeast and MultiBeast process.

neil

I have a asrock z77e-itx but i'm looking for a compatible matx (z77 or h77) board for I7 3770, I need more expansion more pci-x the mini-itx only for the graphics card, I want to try Yosemite with efi/uefi boot anda i've been reading that clover is better for this.

I've seen in many signatures tham many users use the ASUS P8Z77M-Pro board, So before I buy I'm looking for help choosing the right board or a guide that shows that everything works.

Thanks for your answer.

Sorry for my bad english.

Okay. The ASUS P8Z77-M Pro is a good one to choose.

Use the search function and you will see many have used this motherboard. There is a guide that I saw that reflects the current BIOS which apparently does not need to be patched.

Check out this one: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...fo-p8z77-m-pro-i7-3-4-sapphire-hd-6870-a.html

Now assuming that you have the P8Z77-M Pro in hand and you move your memory and CPU over to it, I would suggest that you bring up the new system using Unibeast and MultiBeast on either Mavericks or Yosemite. Read as having support of the TonyMacX86 forum.

While many rave about Clover, it is a moving target with (IMHO) way too many releases, some of which cause hackers much grief.

The recommended path to get to Clover is to make up the Clover USB stick and boot your existing OS X installation with it. Tweak the Clover on the USB stick until your are happy and then convert the hard drive to a Clover boot drive.

Good modding,
neil

Thanks for your advice and pointing me at the right direction, the second I have the hands on that board i'll post here my development,

Once again thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back