Contribute
Register

neilharts next modding project ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
fund this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...-or-wrong-resolution-laptop-display-problems/

dont know if you tried it already, but maybe i could help.

Would be freaking awesome to be able to make your own ihac.

Yes i have been all over that posting. The deal is that there is no EDID content to acquire. This is a project for a video design engineer which is not what I am, IMHO. I have not found anyone anywhere with success with this display kit in OS X. And I have put the kit away and used the components to build the Scratch Build Case #2 (see posting below).

neil

the ECS H61H2-TI board works in this kind of chassis, I've got one here that I use.

it supports ivy bridge, and the HD4000 works fine with the 01620005 platform id. this is connected via the internal LDVS.

I have this working with voodooHDA, airport and LAN are working.

the ECS H61H2-TI board works in this kind of chassis, I've got one here that I use.

it supports ivy bridge, and the HD4000 works fine with the 01620005 platform id. this is connected via the internal LDVS.

I have this working with voodooHDA, airport and LAN are working.

Now that is what I call really great news! Please document your build and share photos of the system. What OS are you running and do you have full acceleration and selectable video resolutions along with the native for this AIO?

Keep up the good work. Happy hacking,
neil

Yes full acceleration is working. mine is in an ECS G11 chassis right now, but its standard Thin Mini-ITX form, there is no reason at all it wont work in the loop exactly as it does here.

i've also included the current DSDT file i'm using.

its currently running 10.8.4. it did run 10.7.5 or whatever the very last release was.

i'll try it on mavericks soon, but i see no reason why it wouldnt work here.

webcam also works. everything works :)

Attachments

• IMG_2626.JPG
    IMG_2626.JPG
    674.7 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_2636.jpg
    IMG_2636.jpg
    480.4 KB · Views: 240
  • displays.png
    displays.png
    103.3 KB · Views: 228
  • H61H2-TI.aml.zip
    16.8 KB · Views: 132
Yes full acceleration is working. mine is in an ECS G11 chassis right now, but its standard Thin Mini-ITX form, there is no reason at all it wont work in the loop exactly as it does here.

its currently running 10.8.4. it did run 10.7.5 or whatever the very last release was.

RR7 - I am tempted for follow your lead with the ECS board. However I am booked with projects and I gave my CPU away. The costs related to just try it again with the Loop is $ 300+ and currently not on the table.

Good hacking,
neil

tell me about it.....I was somewhat lucky in that I sold two desktop computers I had to fund most of the two AIO projects I built.

however, I don't know if you caught any of my posts about the HDMI input (yes, INput) facility I feel I need, but the ECS board fails to fully meet that criteria, so much so that I think they've pulled that feature from current spec boards.

I may well sell the ECS AIO with the board in due course if I find a full solution to my AIO needs.

I also need to get hold of a 65W sandy bridge cpu with HD3000 to see if the Mitac 650 will work with that.

I've looked into various A-list OEM machines like Dell and Lenovo, but the spec on them are they rarely have the hackintosh friendly spec.

i'd have thought this kind of thing would be more popular. i'd love to try and document all types of AIO and boards to build a database of suitable iHacs.

This is really nice, good cable management. Now that's a iMac worth owning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back