Contribute
Register

neilharts next modding project ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also just an update for you. I received my 3770T today in the mail and it works just fine with the latest BIOS on this board.

Hmm that is too bad. I wonder if one of those strings that are designed for laptops that have LVDS screens might work? Did you try all of the strings or just a few?

This is a déjà vu moment. Late last year I purchased a Toshiba Ultrabook and while hacking it I had a black screen on the laptop with good output via the HDMI port through an HDMI to DVI adapter to a DVI monitor... (Lion and HD3000). I think that this is the same issue, just a different set of variables. It did take me some time but I was able to get the Ultrabook's screen to display full acceleration with the full native resolution.

And I had found this thread on IM a few days ago and I tried all of the strings with both GE=Yes and No. With the device proprieties strings, I do get out of sync video on the Loop's display and good video out the DP port (HD4000 is loaded).

I have stripped the newer HD4000 kexts from the latest update and they did not resolve the problem.

more when I have anything,
neil

This is a déjà vu moment. Late last year I purchased a Toshiba Ultrabook and while hacking it I had a black screen on the laptop with good output via the HDMI port through an HDMI to DVI adapter to a DVI monitor... (Lion and HD3000). I think that this is the same issue, just a different set of variables. It did take me some time but I was able to get the Ultrabook's screen to display full acceleration with the full native resolution.

And I had found this thread on IM a few days ago and I tried all of the strings with both GE=Yes and No. With the device proprieties strings, I do get out of sync video on the Loop's display and good video out the DP port (HD4000 is loaded).

I have stripped the newer HD4000 kexts from the latest update and they did not resolve the problem.

more when I have anything,
neil

I think you mentioned before but while testing you also had Graphics Mode string in your plist as well correct? I ask because if I don't on my TB display or using HDMI I will get out of sync then I have to unplug and replug in the connector and the sync comes back perfect. Also I would try to boot then unplug and replug and see if you get sync. I also get this problem when changing resolutions.

Just a status on the Loop L5 AIO project: I have shut this effort down, pulled the DQ77KB mother board with CPU, WiFi radio and mSata card and packed the L5 chassis away (out of sight).

I have loaded the latest DQ77KB BIOS that Intel posted recently (version 49) and have patched it as advised in SJ_UnderWater's thread.

The problem is one where OS X needs the EDID for the LVDS display and it is not there. I can get the system to display at native resolution but without acceleration. Meaning if I force it to load the HD 4000 kext, the internal screen is black. Generating an EDID and patching it into the BIOS or ROM is beyond my skill set and understanding.

So I am calling the game and moving on so to speak.

Look for a scratch build soon using the Intel DQ99KB motherboard.

neil

Sorry to hear this news, Neil. Was following this one...

Hey

i know you dropped this idea, but just thought that maybe something like this could help with the lvds to hdmi problem.

http://www.chalk-elec.com/?page_id=1283#!/~/product/category=3094861&id=14647633

That is very interesting. I have book marked the site and may look into this more when my time frees up some. This is a whole new to me area of general interest, however I have OS X hacks planned that will take up most of my time and money for the rest of this year.

neil

Cool, looking forward to seing those project if you post them.

Iam a big fan of the mods you did on the Prodigy.. Have to do one of those myself one day.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back