Contribute
Register

neilhart’s ASUS Maximus VII Impact w M.2 XP941 booting OS X via Clover [XW1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Not happening on my machine with 2601. What BIOS version and, if convenient, attach an IOReg or IOJones.

By the way, native iMac15,1 shows x2 and 5.0 GT/s

The BIOS that I loaded is version 2102 and my system is running as iMac14,2.

RedHot2102.jpg

Good modding,
neil

Attachments

• RedHot.ioreg
    5.4 MB · Views: 397
I am having trouble with my SM951 and hackintosh build, and thought someone here might be able to help.

I have a Z97-a ASUS mobo and want to get x4 speeds out of it by using a PCIe x4 adapter in a x16 3.0 slot. I get 750 mb/s in the M.2 socket, but when I use a m.2 to PCIe x4 adapter, It will show up as a boot drive, but no matter which boot drive I boot from, i get a kernal panic until I unplug the m.2 PCIe card from the slot. I tried updating to the latest BIOS version, but didnt help. Im running yosemite.

Thanks

This project workstation is one of my best hacks ever. I use it everyday and just turn down the displays when I a not at my desk. I have it setup to boot Mavericks (my choice), or Yosemite or El Capitan. And most of the time I have VMWare Fusion running at least one VM.

Anyway I just wanted to share this screen capture reflecting that the system has been up for 61 days. I have stopped chasing updates on this system so there has not been any reason to reboot in two months.

61days.jpg

I recall "back in the day", I would be lucky to have a system stay up for week.

Good modding,
neil

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back